Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Hello from Nova Scotia (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=246996)

The Doctor 01-30-2010 01:15 PM

Hello from Nova Scotia

Hi Everyone,

I found this forum on another website I go to and I'm glad I did. First thing first, my English stinks so beware of my posts. (My first language is not English).

I mostly a radio guy and have been buying and restoring old radios for the last 3 years, mostly because TVs were hard to find and I didn't have the room for them.

I'm from a tiny (>300 people) town in Nova Scotia, Canada. Right now it's -15C and there is 2 ft. of snow on the ground. I love it though.

My great uncle was an electronics repair man from the 40's to 90's, and collected some stuff along the way. He died a few years ago and we only just got around to cleaning out his old barn....in that barn was more then I expected...

There were a half a dozen radios, tons of parts and tools and over 35 Tv's ranging from the early 40's to early 70's (about 75% are from before 65).

So now I've got a lot of TV's...I've chosen three to restore and the rest will be sold whole or for parts. Most of them are in very, very good shape.

I wish I could have seen the excitement on my face upon entering that barn.

I also found a bunch of Nos parts like TV tubes in they're unopened boxes, a few of which I'd like to sell on here at a later date.

I know I'll be posting questions while I redo some of those tvs. And I hope I'll enjoy the site:)

-Connor

Tony V 01-30-2010 02:37 PM

Welcome to VK!
-Tony

electroking 01-30-2010 04:10 PM

Welcome on board. My first language is not English either! Let's talk tube radios and
TVs anytime!

bandersen 01-30-2010 07:35 PM

Welcome to VK :wave:
Nice to have another Dr. Who fan on board :D

Sandy G 01-30-2010 07:41 PM

Welcome to VK ! I'm a Hillbilly from NE Tennessee, so English ain't my 1st language, neither...(grin)

Tom_Ryan 01-30-2010 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Doctor (Post 2964982)
Hi Everyone,

I found this forum on another website I go to and I'm glad I did. First thing first, my English stinks so beware of my posts. (My first language is not English).

I mostly a radio guy and have been buying and restoring old radios for the last 3 years, mostly because TVs were hard to find and I didn't have the room for them.

I'm from a tiny (>300 people) town in Nova Scotia, Canada. Right now it's -15C and there is 2 ft. of snow on the ground. I love it though.

My great uncle was an electronics repair man from the 40's to 90's, and collected some stuff along the way. He died a few years ago and we only just got around to cleaning out his old barn....in that barn was more then I expected...

-Connor

Greetings Connor to VideoKarma. Say are you from the Cape or ye a Mainlander? I got folks in Truro area and down Halifax way too. Sounds like a great windfall of TV sets for 'ya. Everyone loves pictures, so if got some of those old TV to share please post. Don't mind us if we sounds nuts on this forum ... that is... nuts about old TV's etc...

Welcome aboard!

Tom