Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Early B&W and Projection TV (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Old photos of TV's (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=3220)

drh4683 02-24-2004 05:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres the "elvis" set

Rob 02-24-2004 01:34 PM

If Moses Znaimer still cared about his TV Museum MAYBE he would give you $100,000.00 for that set (yeah right) since it is way bigger than the Marilyn Monroe B&W portable set he paid something like $35,000.00 for. Timing is EVERYTHING.:D

Celt 02-24-2004 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is an actual picture of me @ 1 1/2 years of age. I think the set you see was a Hallicrafters. I seem to remember that it gave off a tremendous amount of radiation and the image would sometimes leave the screen and come out into the room! (The record player on top was an RCA Victor 45 changer.)

drh4683 02-24-2004 07:49 PM

Can you guess what set they are looking at?

1 Attachment(s)
Im not really sharp on identifiying ctc-4's-7's. My grandfather worked for the chicago tribune, and over the years he accumulated many slides on various products and statistics. this is my favorite, being tv related. Judging by the sets in the photo and the 3 year thing, this slide is probably from around 1958

drh4683 02-24-2004 07:52 PM

Family photo

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my family tv photo, its actually my dad with his lionel train set up in the living room. Dad says this set was replaced with their first color TV in 1966, which was a motorola console. In this picture, its a 1954 zenith. I actually had one that I found on the curb years back. It was ruined from mold and mildew. For whatever reason, I still took it home and fixed it up. It was still far to gone to save, it worked though!

This picture dates to June 1963.

Eric H 02-24-2004 07:56 PM

Re: Can you guess what set they are looking at?

1 Attachment(s)
I thought the set to their left was the "Wingate" but the line on the door is different.

Quote:

Originally posted by drh4683
Im not really sharp on identifiying ctc-4's-7's. My grandfather worked for the chicago tribune, and over the years he accumulated many slides on various products and statistics. this is my favorite, being tv related.

veg-o-matic 02-25-2004 08:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This was the "picture of the day" at classicappliances.com.
Bob

classicradios 02-25-2004 08:51 AM

Great photo!
Those Philco TV sets look like the 1950 models.
Jim

Marlin Mackley 02-25-2004 09:25 AM

Wow Bob, what a great photo! I have every set in the shot, would be fun to replicate the scene. Now lets see if I can find one of those Fridges....
:D :D
Marlin

veg-o-matic 02-25-2004 10:13 AM

I have some commercials for the '50 Philco TVs featuring that second one from the left. It has some internal antenna that's rotated with a knob on the front.

Marlin: go visit classicappliances.com. They are to vintage appliances what we are to vintage electronics. Make sure you check out unimatic's collection (he's a member here, too.) Quite an impressive selection of washing machines!
Bob

Marlin Mackley 02-25-2004 12:19 PM

Bob I checked it out. WOW!! A pink washer! I think I am in love...:lmao:

Marlin Mackley 02-25-2004 12:29 PM

classicappliances.com

Awwright...now they a'done it! They have VIDEOS of clothes washers running!!! Somebody in this world is more nuts than TV collectors!
"Hey Bob, lets do a Superbowl.. I mean a washing machine video party!!:yes: :screwy: :lurk: :rockon: :jawdrop: :beerchug:
Marlin

veg-o-matic 02-25-2004 12:40 PM

Hello. My name is Bob and I'm beyond help.

Used to be that I figured I was the only oddball in the world who appreciated vintage pink, front-loading washers and color TV sets with round screens.

Now, thanks to these two sites, I find I'm not the only one. And I'm grateful.
:banana:
I've got my roundie, which I enjoy tremendously. I doubt that I'll ever get the pink Westinghouse, but I know for a fact that there's a new front-loading washer in my future.

Come to think of it, isn't that the same thing as a roundie color TV? I could watch them both for hours, mesmerized. 'Course the Zenith has a larger choice of channels. On the other hand, there's no cable channel that'll let you see your underwear getting friendly with the towels...:D

Celt 02-25-2004 01:19 PM

I can see it now...for a slight fee on your monthly cable bill, you can view THE LAUNDRY CHANNEL which features agitation, spinning and enough suds for the entire family! :D

Carmine 02-25-2004 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I believe this is the fridge you need for your photo-op. It's in my grandparent's basement. The script on the bottom says "advanced design".

BTW, I just signed a purchase agreement on an original owner house from 1955. I'll post some photos in the off-topic section soon as I close. You'll love them...

I do intend to remodel the house, but sleep sound in the knowledge that unlike other re-habbers, the old stuff won't end up in the dumpster.