Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   General Off Topic Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Hey all, a friend of mine and i have a idea. (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=270133)

mr_fixer 02-13-2018 10:21 PM

Hey all, a friend of mine and i have a idea.

I friend of mine belongs to a FB group devoted to old tv's. We were both commenting on the scourge of re-purposing of vintage tv's to object de art. AKA cr@p junk made outa old tv sets and radios. and the idea came up of making a humorous PSA stating of the dangers of turning vintage tv's into dog beds/bars etc. Is anyone into this idea and have humorious suggestions? i'm thinking this at best case might become a meme. please feel free to chime in with any ideas whether good or bad. the crafting group must be stopped. LOL

MadMan 02-13-2018 11:10 PM

Neat idea. Might have to find someone with video editing skills... or possibly animation or something. I'd be willing to narrate.

The punchline should be that doing such will turn you into a hipster or something.

WISCOJIM 02-13-2018 11:21 PM

What's the point? You would never reach the idiots that do the dirty deeds.

Chip Chester 02-14-2018 08:24 AM

The danger is that it may become a "how-to" meme, inspiring DIY piling on and a rash of copy-cats trying to out-do each other, which would require a continual source of old-TV cabinetry... Unintended consequences, and all that.

init4fun 02-14-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_fixer (Post 3196179)
I friend of mine belongs to a FB group devoted to old tv's. We were both commenting on the scourge of re-purposing of vintage tv's to object de art. AKA cr@p junk made outa old tv sets and radios. and the idea came up of making a humorous PSA stating of the dangers of turning vintage tv's into dog beds/bars etc. Is anyone into this idea and have humorious suggestions? i'm thinking this at best case might become a meme. please feel free to chime in with any ideas whether good or bad. the crafting group must be stopped. LOL

If you really want to save some old stuff from the re purposers you'd have to somehow plant the idea that it's just not cool to take something vintage and turn it into something trashed . I have no idea how you'd start that movement , mind you* but I do believe that's what would need to happen for the carnage to stop .

* In my best Dr. McCoy voice ;

"Damn it Jim , I'm a Doctor , not a miracle worker !"

..... Course , in my case you can substitute "Mechanic" for "Doctor" , but , you get the point ;)

Jon A. 02-15-2018 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by init4fun (Post 3196194)
* In my best Dr. McCoy voice ;

"Damn it Jim , I'm a Doctor , not a miracle worker !"

..... Course , in my case you can substitute "Mechanic" for "Doctor" , but , you get the point ;)

Yeah, and besides the miracle worker title already belongs to Scotty. ;)

"I'm a doctor, not an escalator!" ~ S02E11 Friday's Child

That's a different one, I thought. At the moment I can't think of any other time Dr. McCoy contrasted himself with machinery.

MadMan 02-15-2018 09:58 PM

I'm reasonably certain the intention was to make a thing for ha-ha's, not an actual psa to stop idiots from being idiots.

Because honestly? Good luck with that one.

Titan1a 02-15-2018 10:23 PM

I'm a doctor, not a BRICKLAYER!

Jon A. 02-16-2018 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titan1a (Post 3196268)
I'm a doctor, not a BRICKLAYER!

Nevertheless, in that case he demonstrated his ability to think outside the box.

S01E25 The Devil In The Dark

TUD1 02-16-2018 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Look what I saw on the news today!

WISCOJIM 02-16-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TUD1 (Post 3196292)
Look what I saw on the news today!

No, you didn't. It's not April Fool's Day yet.

MadMan 02-16-2018 11:02 PM

lel