Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   General Off Topic Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Why in U.S.A. you don't have hoses for at showers? (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=270582)

Telecolor 3007 06-18-2018 04:24 AM

Why in U.S.A. you don't have hoses for at showers?

Why in U.S.A. you don't have hoses for at showers? For me it'll be very anoing to move after the fix flow of water and not me to control the direction of flux.

Colly0410 06-18-2018 06:08 AM

Most hotels & camping & caravaning/trailer sites in England have fixed shower heads as well, I presume it's so naughty people don't steal the flexible hoses. My rental apt in Miami had a fixed shower head, my shower over the bath here at home in England has a flexible hose shower head...

Chip Chester 06-18-2018 06:22 AM

They're not in every shower in the US, but I would guess about half of them. Not common in hotels/motels. It's a $20 item at home centers, and easy to install yourself in about ten minutes.

zeno 06-18-2018 09:00 AM

They are fairly common but since I never had one I dont miss it !
Besides for $20 USD I can get a case of real good beer:banana:

73 Zeno:smoke:
LFOD !

Electronic M 06-18-2018 09:56 AM

I seem to vaguely recall one being in one of the places I've lived, but it not being around long. Flexible pipes are more prone to leakage. I've never really seen a use for hose shower heads. Adjusting where/how I stand seems easier than flailing my arms about with a hose in tow in a small space.
If someone gave me a choice between a decent 30-year-old showerhead that predates the low-flow water saver BS and a brand new hose head I'd take the old one without a second thought.

maxhifi 06-18-2018 12:32 PM

I installed one, it was an easy way to raise the shower head so I don't need to duck down to get under it (old installations are usually not great for tall people!), also, it's handy for cleaning the shower.

Usually European immigrants consider it crazy to not have the hose, for us North Americans it's definitely not required equipment.

The hose doesn't need to be low flow, and slips into a bracket so it can work just like a normal shower head.

Titan1a 06-18-2018 04:26 PM

Ours has a hose. It works nicely.

Jon A. 06-18-2018 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxhifi (Post 3201066)
Usually European immigrants consider it crazy to not have the hose, for us North Americans it's definitely not required equipment.

Just like the manual transmission. Good luck finding a Lada with a slushbox though, even a Canadian-spec unit. Unlike most North Americans automatics bore me.

Bill R 06-18-2018 05:54 PM

My shower has a fixed head, 3 body jets, and a hose. I can use them separately, or any combination of two at once. I live in the US. :)

maxhifi 06-18-2018 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon A. (Post 3201091)
Just like the manual transmission. Good luck finding a Lada with a slushbox though, even a Canadian-spec unit. Unlike most North Americans automatics bore me.

Good luck finding any Lada, in Canada... I think those turned to rust many years ago.

init4fun 06-18-2018 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telecolor 3007 (Post 3201045)
Why in U.S.A. you don't have hoses for at showers? For me it'll be very anoing to move after the fix flow of water and not me to control the direction of flux.

:D True story ;

A friend was a building "Super" (superintendent = building handyman) for a large apartment complex and loved to tell the story of the lady tenant who pulled no fewer that 3 of those right out of the wall , by her own admission she was masturbating with the water and , oops , she did it again !

Telecolor 3007 06-18-2018 06:59 PM

She thought that the shower had a hose?

init4fun 06-18-2018 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telecolor 3007 (Post 3201099)
She thought that the shower had a hose?

:thmbsp: She was holding the hose , down below , and when things really got going she tore the hose right off of the pipes in the wall ....

Boobtubeman 06-18-2018 07:42 PM

Wonder if they gave her an EXTENDED HOSE? :D

SR

Electronic M 06-18-2018 08:09 PM

If she likes tearing hoses off that much you gotta feel sorry for any guy she dates...