Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Television Broadcast Gear (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   Another "NEW" Museum Knoxville, Tennessee (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=267148)

julianburke 06-05-2016 02:48 PM

Another "NEW" Museum Knoxville, Tennessee

Well folks,

Last week I finally got my new building permit for a 5000 SF building here in Knoxville, Tennessee. It's unfortunately in the city limits and only took 8 months to get and I'm sure there will be more hurdles to jump through once it is started. (Handicap bathroom and parking space etc etc) As many of you know my main warehouse on the same site was destroyed by fire last April 11, 2015. I lost many vintage computer systems, military radio gear, televisions, radios, studio cameras, radio broadcast gear and much more. Fortunately most of my good stuff was in other buildings although many un-replaceable items were lost. I am building it specifically to be a museum to properly display a 45 year collection.

What may make it a little different from my other friends' museums is my microphone collection, a complete set of RCA studio cameras from their beginning to their end with many other brands such as a DuMont Electronicam with serial number 1 and have the control room stuff from a local TV station. I plan on having working studio cameras as well as a complete vintage radio station setup. (I am still looking for a pair of transcription turntables to replace what was burned up)

I still need help for other artifacts and if anyone is knowledgeable of items that may be available that I can use, I would be most interested in hearing from you. Every broadcast museum that I know of offers mostly unique and different items that are either regional or one of a kind that makes each one very unique and are never boring. I onlly hope that I can fill in there somewhere with special items and be worth driving to. I will overcome the fire and perhaps call my new building "The Phoenix"!!

If anyone wants to contact me, my email address is julianburke51@gmail.com and my cell phone is 865-567-eight nine six zero.

That you all for you previous support!!!

If you google "julian burke fire" you will read all about the fire and see what the current site looks like. Nine fire companies were dispatched to the fire.

julianburke 01-28-2017 08:28 PM

Update: The new building is built. It is 60 feet wide and 80 feet deep with a 12' ceiling height and is a beautiful structure. My latest hurdle is the cinder block wainscoating is leaking-even when a sealer and paint have been applied. Stay tuned!!

Electronic M 01-29-2017 12:19 AM

Nice. Hope this one has a sprinkler system.

Celt 01-29-2017 09:15 AM

Best of luck!

Chip Chester 01-29-2017 09:48 AM

Corporately, are you a 501c3? Do you need things like equipment racks, older-style video patchbays?

Chip

Telecruiser 02-03-2017 09:19 PM

Julian,

I know this has been a very long term dream that is now becoming a reality. Having seen the microphone collection, I can attest that it is one of the most amazing collections anywhere! And that is just the tip of the iceberg. I'll look forward to visiting!

Chuck Conrad
The Texas Museum of Broadcasting & Communications
www.txmbc.org

julianburke 02-21-2017 08:09 PM

I am working on being a 501C3. What I do need is display cabinets and shelves. I have some equipment racks but need a few "radio station items" such as a couple of transcription turntables.

KentTeffeteller 03-05-2017 04:56 PM

Glad to see this reality. And you getting up and running again to some degree.