Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   General Off Topic Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   What Did You Do At Work Today? (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=269263)

vts1134 07-05-2017 06:00 PM

What Did You Do At Work Today?

I flipped 2 85" TVs out of the ceiling. There's one in the video below.

https://youtu.be/VbF_bIRe7NY

lnx64 07-05-2017 06:11 PM

I will never be rich enough to live there, or own a TV that big.

Jon A. 07-05-2017 06:36 PM

Those living in places like that are most likely shameless showboats, and that screen makes me think of the Superbowl commercial advertising the first Macintosh. Not so much the screen itself, but what was done to it.

DianaWelch 07-06-2017 02:51 AM

I did something at my job... to make my boss angry.

lnx64 07-06-2017 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianaWelch (Post 3186405)
I did something at my job... to make my boss angry.

At least you have a boss. ;)

Personally I've been unemployed for a year, unable to find anyone to hire me. And it's been absolutely a nightmare as my credit debt has gotten so high, I might have to sell my car in 2 months.

Jon A. 07-06-2017 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnx64 (Post 3186406)
Personally I've been unemployed for a year, unable to find anyone to hire me. And it's been absolutely a nightmare as my credit debt has gotten so high, I might have to sell my car in 2 months.

Sounds a lot like my region. It's probably better to concentrate on getting out of there and just leave it to the retirees.

DianaWelch 07-06-2017 10:36 PM

Quote:

Honestly, I want to resign today. But when I read your post, maybe I just need to be more patient with my boss. Nowadays it's really hard to look for jobs that suit your taste.

Titan1a 07-07-2017 01:39 AM

Retired. No boss, no jerk co-workers, no alarm clock!

Tim R. 07-10-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

What do you do? I got laid off a few months back and have been able to keep myself afloat with freelance work. Wasn't easy at first, especially finding clients. But all it takes is one, and if you do a good job, they'll keep you busy and possibly refer you to others! :thmbsp:

Kamakiri 07-11-2017 11:09 AM

Been working from home for the last 7 1/2 years online. Not a bad gig at all, but it has its ups and downs. Some days you live at the office, some days you work from your house.

DavGoodlin 07-11-2017 02:17 PM

John sure has an interesting job, integrating (new) AV equipment. I help keep the electricians of our state institutions safe by managing infrastructure improvements.

The only real excitement besides checking VK, is showing up after a event to analyze a high-voltage power distribution failure, sometimes before the smoke has cleared. :)

I make up void for that by working on tube electronics.

lnx64 07-11-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim R. (Post 3186557)
What do you do? I got laid off a few months back and have been able to keep myself afloat with freelance work. Wasn't easy at first, especially finding clients. But all it takes is one, and if you do a good job, they'll keep you busy and possibly refer you to others! :thmbsp:

I had worked total 7 years doing tech related jobs, support, PC repair, even refurbishing PCB's off of HP printers.. Anything electronics is my thing, or even PC repair and stuff.

What I'm finding is no one calls back, or at worse, you get signed up for junk mail just by trying to apply.. And now that I've been unemployed for a year, they look at the gap.

Jon A. 07-11-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnx64 (Post 3186615)
What I'm finding is no one calls back, or at worse, you get signed up for junk mail just by trying to apply.. And now that I've been unemployed for a year, they look at the gap.

Naturally. I say ditch Ben Kenobi and find yourself a Yoda. Better than having the same problem come up again and again working for a series of rich dummies for chump change.

I'm not sure what that first part means but it was used in a similar context on Corner Gas.

Electronic M 07-11-2017 03:46 PM

Might be worth wile to get a job at a fast food joint or some other "we hire anyone" type of job in the meantime (grab the best one you can find)....That way when they see your current employer and the last technical one you can say..."The job search was taking too long so I had to do something to keep the bills paid"....As my friend says "it's easier to get a job when you have a job."

Kamakiri is lucky...He don't have no stinkin' commute! I had a fairly decent commute ~30min one short optional leg of highway 45-50MPH speed limits most of the way and reasonably sane traffic levels....Till spring when the F'n Wisconsin DOT started working on every damn route between home and work. They decided to replace an overpass on Capital Dr. (major non-highway artery) and crunch the east bound (to work direction) down to 1 lane....I started taking county K as a more direct alternate and it worked well (granted the colosal bottle neck caused by the light at county F sucks), then those morons decided to to close and add a detour to K so I went back to capital....That is a crap shoot. A couple of weeks ago I94 closed from a pileup and people were dumping on to capital at the 1 lane bottle neck creating such a backup that my commute was almost double and I was 5 min late before I even got in to the 1 lane zone....Now those dummies closed my off ramp on the highway segment I use to make some time in the morning, and some of the roads I take during lunch and leaving work are crowded detour/construction roads too. ...I've been seriously thinking about writing an angry letter to the DOT...What kind of morons do construction on a road then it's closest parallel alternate at the same time?...Much worse and they may as well erect a wall between home and work.
If I had more time on my hands I swear I'd invent a practical flying car...

lnx64 07-11-2017 05:15 PM

I was actually planning on applying for an Amazon at home work position after I get my general class license this weekend.

Then I wouldn't have to put miles on my aging Chevy which is starting to rust through in every corner now.