Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Vintage Home Gaming (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   What do you have for Vintage Video Game systems? (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=245907)

Sam Cogley 01-13-2010 10:48 AM

Just my NES and Game Boy - and I don't know if the Game Boy works. The NES works fine, and I have a ton of cartridges. I wish I still had my Intellivision...

truetone36 04-05-2010 02:12 PM

Commodore 64 and TONS of game software.

rpm1200 04-06-2010 04:43 PM

A couple of 2600s, Colecovision, C64, Sega Genesis, a number of Game Boys, NES and I think there's an SNES somewhere too... also VictorMaxx virtual reality goggles, got them at Big Lots for cheap, you use them with an SNES or Genesis but I have never tried hooking them up. They have a dinky little passive matrix LCD, Fresnel lens, stereo audio and an encoder that is supposed to move you left-right as you turn your head. I also have an Aura Interactor (basically a scaled-down Bass Shaker in a backpack).

jpdylon 04-07-2010 12:07 AM

Atari 2600, and NES as far as vintage goes - though I'm sure my super nintendo will soon become "vintage" if it hasn't already.

Tubejunke 07-23-2010 02:45 AM

I wonder what an Atari 2600 with all of the accessories and plastic storage/carrying container that is in near mint condition would be worth round-a-bout these days.

bandersen 07-23-2010 11:35 PM

Dunno, but I wish I had hung on to mine :yes:

danrulz98 07-23-2010 11:50 PM

I have a Gamecube and a PS2. Looking to sell the Gamecube, simply don't play it anymore.

My step-dad wanted to get a Wii for physical therapy.

Tubejunke 08-17-2010 10:31 PM

The other day I saw an Atari retro setup for young people to dig on the "old school" stuff. Everything was miniature (of course). I thought about picking it up, but I already have enough irons in my fire with old, well, you name it. Now I am even getting old! Time flys for sure! Seems like only a few years ago I was getting the 2600 for Christmas around 1981, or so....

JoeNewberry 11-28-2010 03:01 PM

Unisonic Tournament 2000 with Tiger Electronics skeet shooting pistol
Atari 2600 - Heavy sixer and Vader versions, with wireless controllers, trackball, and the Star Raiders keypad
Atari 5200 - Four port version
Magnavox Odyssey 2
Intellivision III with Intellivoice Module
Colecovision with Expansion Module #2 (driving controller)
Vectrex
Sega Master System
Sega Genesis Mark 1 and Mark 2 with Sega CD and Game Genie
Sega Saturn with fight stick, Nights analog controller, and GameShark
Sega Dreamcast
TurboGrafx-16 with multitap
NES with Advantage, PowerPad, Satellite wireless adapter, and Game Genie
GameBoy with link cable
SNES Mark 1 and Mark 2
N64 with GameShark, rumble pak, expansion memory
GameCube
Playstation
Playstation 2 with network and HDD adapter, modded to be a media center
Xbox with wifi adapter, modded to be a media center

Still looking for a 3DO, Jaguar, and a 7800 and I'll consider my console collection satisfactory.

jbivy 12-22-2010 09:36 PM

Since my super nes has dissapeared in a move, im down to just my atari 2600 (which ive misplaced the power cord to) and my nes which i play nearly every day.

JohnHacker1 12-23-2010 02:44 PM

Unisonic Tournament 2000-still in box and still works.
2 VIC-20's.
Commodore 128.

cchaven 02-14-2011 06:55 PM

Lots for me as well...for systems that I got the most enjoyment out of playing:

Atari Super Pong
Atari 2600
Atari 800

Systems I still have include those above plus:

Fairchild Channel-F
Atari 400
Coleco Colecovision
Mattel Intellivision
Atari Jaguar
GCE Vectrex
Magnavox Odyssey2

Plus some oddball ones, such as Sears and Radio Shack house versions of some of the above.

Jeff

airgrabber-6 02-15-2011 12:11 PM

my little collection consists of:

Magnavox Odyssey 4000 (complete with box)
Sears Telegames version of Intellivision
Nintendo
Super Nintendo
Nintendo 64
Playstation 2 (daily driver)

The Intellivision knock-off Sears Telegames was our family's first video game system from way back. Thus, it is my sentimental favorite.

Dude111 02-16-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tubejunke
The other day I saw an Atari retro setup for young people to dig on the "old school" stuff. Everything was miniature (of course).

Gosh i hate those with a passion! (Too small,game play isnt the same)

Why has everything gotton so small these days? (Garbage) Ill take the better ORIGINALs anyday!

Tubejunke 02-17-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 2995292)
Why has everything gotton so small these days? (Garbage) Ill take the better ORIGINALs anyday!

I guess it is textbook business practice to give people an 'effect', or what they want, with as little investment as possible (overhead). Really, business has always been that way; so I tend to wonder why it is that the further you go back in time with either products or services, the better they are, or are made. :scratch2: How could companies from the "good old days" manufacture, package, and market products for a fair price that were obviously built to last? Take nearly any product from around 40 years ago (and back) and compare it to something similar coming from your local STERILEmart. It is feather light plastic garbage, and even food product packaging is becoming smaller. Look at your small box of say Cocoa Pebbles. It went from small to TINY in the past two or three years!

Are businesses in general hurting so badly that they must continually cut back on quality and/or quantity over time just to stay afloat? :thumbsdn: