Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Television Broadcast Gear (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   Hitachi FP-20S (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=270134)

Electronic M 02-17-2018 07:28 PM

Great news.

BTW: Gotta ask. What does the 'LAUNCH' button do? :D

MIPS 02-17-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electronic M (Post 3196359)
Great news.

BTW: Gotta ask. What does the 'LAUNCH' button do? :D

:scratch2: uhhhh, nothing. :scratch2:

Electronic M 02-17-2018 09:14 PM

:lmao: :lmao:

MIPS 03-07-2018 08:55 PM

Some research seems to indicate that the later all solid-state Hitachi FP-C1 and possibly the FP-7 used the same 28 pin connector. Frustratingly, neither of those models seem to have documentation online I can find as well.

MIPS 03-13-2018 09:12 PM

More poking finds at least three remote control units at least, the RU-Z1, RV-C1 and the RU-C1(U) have the same 28 pin connector, but no promises that it will work. No biggie there. I just need the pinout.
Nothing. Zilch. Nadda. Why in the goddamn name of hell is it seemingly impossible to even find the operators manuals for these things??? Every single product I've found so far has been completely devoid of any documentation online. I can find them for sale but if it's just a passive box I don't give a damn.

MIPS 05-23-2019 11:27 PM

Sure enough, the other camera went up for grabs and I pounced on it. No lens controls, no tally light and no viewfinder.

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a...t/IMG_3476.jpg

I have not put it on the bench and tested it yet but I don't have any reason to expect it to be not working. Unfortunately I have still been unable to locate any documentation for the camera or the CCU pinout.

Sandy G 05-24-2019 08:20 AM

Still would LOVE to have me a working TK-40....I'd hoist it up on my shoulder, connect a recorder to it, & hire out for weddings, christenings, proms, stuff like that. These l'il tinkertoys of today ? Ha ! I'd SHOW 'em what REAL RCA 1954 color is SPOSED to look like.... (Grin) And yeah, I KNOW I couldn't really manhandle a TK-40 around on my shoulder..I kinda doubt there's enuf room in my basement for even HALF of a TK-40 chain, & I doubt if there's anywhere close HEADROOM to stuff a 40, Houston-Fearless dolly el al down there... And all the POWER a TK-40 chain & lights want, it would likely make the local TVA generation plant go "Chug !" rather loudly.

still w

Electronic M 05-24-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy G (Post 3211573)
Still would LOVE to have me a working TK-40....I'd hoist it up on my shoulder, connect a recorder to it, & hire out for weddings, christenings, proms, stuff like that. These l'il tinkertoys of today ? Ha ! I'd SHOW 'em what REAL RCA 1954 color is SPOSED to look like.... (Grin) And yeah, I KNOW I couldn't really manhandle a TK-40 around on my shoulder..I kinda doubt there's enuf room in my basement for even HALF of a TK-40 chain, & I doubt if there's anywhere close HEADROOM to stuff a 40, Houston-Fearless dolly el al down there... And all the POWER a TK-40 chain & lights want, it would likely make the local TVA generation plant go "Chug !" rather loudly.

still w

I'm still young n strong and I'd probably need to hire a leprechaun to collect up all the stars moons, n fore leaf clover I'd be seeing if I tried to pick one up myself. :D

Sandy G 05-24-2019 09:41 AM

Hehehehe... Yeah, I'm 62, have a knee that likes to play tricks & make me fall in a heap, my days of wrasslin' stuff WAY over my gross vehicle weight are a good 20-25 years in my past... I DID pick up a 289 short block once & I saw moons, stars, planets, Tweety Boyds, the whole business, & I never done THAT Stupidicas shyte again... I dunno what I'd be more concerned with trying to hoist a working TK-40-Boogering my back/legs up, or woofing a rare & valuable antique camera...Even I've managed to get a tiny bit Schmarter about some things w/age...

old_tv_nut 05-24-2019 09:56 AM

[QUOTE=Sandy G;3211573]... And all the POWER a TK-40 chain & lights want, it would likely make the local TVA generation plant go "Chug !" rather loudly.

C'mon - one of the NBC color vans used only 18kW 3 phase 240v. You could easily hook up an alternator to a bicycle for that - HA! Add a second bicycle and the extra van, and you could have video tape. :D

Edit: that might have been 18 kw per phase?

Sandy G 05-24-2019 02:16 PM

They got onto me once about firing up all my Boat Anchors at the same time...One of these days, I'll post a missive about the great, grand, & glorious entity known as "TVA".... Load o' Laffs, lemme tell ya what...It used to be said that in the Tennessee Valley, there was God, & there was TVA.... But today, its hard to tell which is which....