Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Antique phonographs (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=178)
-   -   "Teardrop" '39 RCA Victrola (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=270114)

Celt 04-24-2018 09:29 AM

I don't see a problem with it.

Chip Chester 04-24-2018 10:17 AM

I have made the inquiry to their Digital Docs email address. We'll see what happens.

On edit: Submitted, and under review. Fair warning, it's way larger than their usual submission, so it may not be approved.
Also, as I've stated it's more 'mid-fi' than hi-fi, which may or may not be a good fit for their brand. Up to them, ultimately.

KentTeffeteller 01-30-2020 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxhifi (Post 3195991)
Ahh, so you really wouldn't like my Columbia LP attachment then, it's got two idler wheels I had to have rebuilt by VM. It's not really that bad, you just send him the old ones and $30, and a little while later new idlers come in the mail, as if by magic.. It's lots of fun reviving a 70 year old machine and seeing it work!

I really like the simplicity of that player, I hope you have some good 78s for it! 78 collecting is a bizzare world, with 95% junk and a few good ones, with very few sellers who know what they are doing.

I love this John Vassos design classic RCA phono attachment. Streamliner era deco styling at it's best. I also love your Columbia LP attachment a great deal, a very nice piece of history. I love seeing vintage phonos playing again. I love these two the same way I love my new to me 1966 Fisher Custom Electra VIII and the Dual 1010 with Pickering V 15F cartridge and the 3 way speakers which is my living room casual fun system.

KentTeffeteller 01-30-2020 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chip Chester (Post 3198610)
Would it be inappropriate to proceed with posting on AK (due to the 'special relationship), with a link? There's less ancient/mid-fi activity over there, but it is actually audio.

Moderators, thoughts?

I am no moderator on AK, but I would like to see on digital docs, a VideoKarma centric digital doc repository for the equipment we cover and discuss. And maybe this could be a VideoKarma addition to these forums. Some thoughts, fellow enthusiasts. We could have Antique Radios, TV along the lines of the forum dividing lines, Antique Radios, Transistor Radios, Antique phonographs, transistor phonographs and radio phonographs, the Console sections, for mono and Stereo, Test Equipment, as some beginnings. What do you think?

Electronic M 01-31-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KentTeffeteller (Post 3220207)
I am no moderator on AK, but I would like to see on digital docs, a VideoKarma centric digital doc repository for the equipment we cover and discuss. And maybe this could be a VideoKarma addition to these forums. Some thoughts, fellow enthusiasts. We could have Antique Radios, TV along the lines of the forum dividing lines, Antique Radios, Transistor Radios, Antique phonographs, transistor phonographs and radio phonographs, the Console sections, for mono and Stereo, Test Equipment, as some beginnings. What do you think?

There was a thread lobbying for that a while back that fizzled in the 11th hour...the optimal time to advocate this was back then.