Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Transistor Portable Televisions (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=183)
-   -   Todays Goodwill finds (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=261649)

Bill R 05-21-2014 08:04 PM

Todays Goodwill finds

2 Attachment(s)
Well I stopped by the local Goodwill store again today, and here is what I found. Not really sure what I will do with all these small tv sets. I have no idea what the Vidicraft unit is for, well I do know, but I don't know what I will do with it. The Sencore vc93 i really do not have a use for, yet, but I thought no one there even knew what it was. Either I will eventually get a va62, or someone else may need it. Who knows.

Sandy G 05-21-2014 08:11 PM

The Emerson looks like its color..

Bill R 05-21-2014 08:24 PM

The Emerson is color and from 1998. The Magnavox is also color from 1987.

CoogarXR 05-22-2014 06:03 AM

I think I used to have a red-case version of the magnavox. Does it have a green-led clock?

davet753 05-22-2014 06:04 AM

I have never been able to luck-up on finding a piece of Sencore equipment @ a thrift store. You sure were lucky on that one!

Back when I was in the biz, I only had one piece of Sencore equipment. It was a $500 isolation transformer/variac/leakage tester. Sencore's high prices were way out-of-line compared to their competition. They made some great test equipment, but you sure paid for them.

I had mostly B&K brand stuff on my bench.

dieseljeep 05-22-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davet753 (Post 3104710)
I have never been able to luck-up on finding a piece of Sencore equipment @ a thrift store. You sure were lucky on that one!

Back when I was in the biz, I only had one piece of Sencore equipment. It was a $500 isolation transformer/variac/leakage tester. Sencore's high prices were way out-of-line compared to their competition. They made some great test equipment, but you sure paid for them.

I always thought Sencore equipment was grossly overpriced! I don't remember them, building a tube checker, that equaled the B&K. I guess the Mighty-Mite was OK for service calls.
I just picked up a VA48 analyzer. They're the ones, that aren't as desirable as the newer one. It seems like a newer generation B&K analyst. Like GE, it's good enough for now. :D

dieseljeep 05-22-2014 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill R (Post 3104691)
Well I stopped by the local Goodwill store again today, and here is what I found. Not really sure what I will do with all these small tv sets. I have no idea what the Vidicraft unit is for, well I do know, but I don't know what I will do with it. The Sencore vc93 i really do not have a use for, yet, but I thought no one there even knew what it was. Either I will eventually get a va62, or someone else may need it. Who knows.

Regarding finding any real valuable find at a thrift shop, some so-called volunteers, looking over the donations, also have their noses buried in E-Bay, at the same time.
He was checking some tubes, that were donated, on a Mighty-Mite. There was several tubes, he couldn't check, such as 45's. :D
There was no way, those tubes were going to be sold at that store. :nono:

Bill R 05-22-2014 02:08 PM

The magnavox does have a green led clock. The sencore piece cost a whopping $2.99. Now I will have to find a va62.

TVTim 05-22-2014 07:19 PM

I have not seen a microfiche reader in over a decade.

rca2000 05-22-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davet753 (Post 3104710)

I assume the PR57. I got a nice one for about $65 with shipping on Ebay maybe 7 years ago or so....and a CR-70 a GOOD One-- works VERY well--for maybe 75....And a VA-62 (NOT 48) for maybe $35, 10 or so years ago....

25 years ago--all of that would have cost OVER 5 THOUSAND dollars !!

Bill R 05-22-2014 08:16 PM

I still have a microfiche reader. What I need is a way to scan all the fiche into pdf files.

zenith2134 05-22-2014 09:08 PM

microfiche was antiquated years ago.. brings back memories of the library in the early 90s.
That color Magnavox from '87 probably cost a lot of $ back then. My parents had a G.E. spacemaker color set with fm am radio from that same year, and it cost a lot for such a small set. Had a Matsushita crt in it.

Electronic M 05-22-2014 09:45 PM

Only piece of test equipment I can recall buying at a thrift shop was a 70's Heathkit test pattern generator some 3-5 years ago.

Jon A. 05-22-2014 10:28 PM

I like that set on the lower right.

The thrift store I used to work at, anything they saw as a valuable donation went into a monthly auction at the store. Fortunately they didn't know squat about the Sansui and Dual I picked up. I paid under 25 bucks for both combined.

Bill R 05-22-2014 11:15 PM

The set on the lower right is a Sears tv. It was $6.99. I really do not intentionally collect these, but I just cant let them go in the trash.