Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   General Off Topic Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Vintage Kenmore Washer year? (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=270578)

Eric H 06-16-2018 05:04 PM

Vintage Kenmore Washer year?

1 Attachment(s)
I know there are vintage appliance buffs here so maybe someone knows what year this Avocado Green Kenmore is?

If I had room I'd get it to tinker with.

http://videokarma.org/attachment.php...8&d=1529186661

Celt 06-16-2018 05:14 PM

Ooooooooooooo Look at all the fancy push buttons! Methinks it's early 70's. What model number is it?

Eric H 06-16-2018 05:20 PM

Didn't catch the model number.

https://orig00.deviantart.net/7303/f...85-d4okmcr.jpg

Jon A. 06-16-2018 07:29 PM

Although I don't care much for the color, it certainly is neat.

LOL, I saw those scenes with Scotty drinking that alien under the table fairly recently, it's the funniest thing I've seen on Star Trek. I'm not trying to nitpick but that bottle didn't contain his green hooch, it was a bottle of some very, very, very old scotch...... WHISKEY! I doubt he would have started that brawl with those Klingons if it wasn't for his liquid courage. At least it was a group of caucasoid Klingons, seems their fighting skills aren't that great.

Electronic M 06-16-2018 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon A. (Post 3200995)
Although I don't care much for the color, it certainly is neat.

LMAO, I saw those scenes with Scotty drinking that alien under the table fairly recently, it's the funniest thing I've seen on Star Trek. I'm not trying to nitpick but that bottle didn't contain his green hooch, it was a bottle of some very, very, very old scotch...... WHISKY! I doubt he would have started that brawl with those Klingons if it wasn't for his liquid courage. At least it was a group of caucasoid Klingons, seems their fighting skills aren't that great.

Was that "The trouble with tribbles"?

Adam 06-16-2018 08:26 PM

It was in "By any other name". They drink the green stuff before the scotch whisky.

Ever since I had that avocado green 72 Impala, I've come to really like the color.

Boobtubeman 06-16-2018 08:49 PM

I always thought that phrase was from data to scotty in the TNG series and scotty got blitzed on the holodeck?

SR

Jon A. 06-16-2018 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electronic M (Post 3200998)
Was that "The trouble with tribbles"?

Yessah it was.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 3200999)
It was in "By any other name". They drink the green stuff before the scotch whisky.

Ever since I had that avocado green 72 Impala, I've come to really like the color.

It's an acquired taste I suppose.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boobtubeman (Post 3201001)
I always thought that phrase was from data to scotty in the TNG series and scotty got blitzed on the holodeck?

SR

Also true, it was a nod to the TOS episode. I haven't seen the TNG episode but I've read about it. Apparently Scotty took issue with Synthenol, which was probably invented because of him according to one YouTube commenter.

dieseljeep 06-22-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celt (Post 3200984)
Ooooooooooooo Look at all the fancy push buttons! Methinks it's early 70's. What model number is it?

My brother bought one like that in 1967, TOTL that year.
Theirs was white. The avocado color came out around the same time. :scratch2:

Celt 06-22-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseljeep (Post 3201262)
My brother bought one like that in 1967, TOTL that year.
Theirs was white. The avocado color came out around the same time. :scratch2:

The plaid ones were the most rare! :D

zeno 06-22-2018 02:42 PM

I remember them from my short adventure in the appliance biz.
You can date them just like a TV using date codes on parts.
Sure miss the colors. Avacado, pink, coppertone, almond, white,
aqua & some others.
I have seen a pink kitchen & many aqua ones from the 50's.
They were really pissah !

73 Zeno:smoke:
LFOD !

bgadow 06-22-2018 09:33 PM

We had a GE dishwasher when I was a kid, matching our avocado kitchen. When we got a new range & refrigerator in almond (a barter my Dad made with the GE dealer, probably for some repairs/paintwork on one of his service vans) Dad pulled the front cover off so he could paint it to match & we were surprised to find 2 panels with a different color on both sides of each, as I recall. I really liked the coppertone (guess that's what you call it, a 2-tone faded brown affair) but of course it didn't match.

zeno 06-23-2018 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgadow (Post 3201277)
We had a GE dishwasher when I was a kid, matching our avocado kitchen. When we got a new range & refrigerator in almond (a barter my Dad made with the GE dealer, probably for some repairs/paintwork on one of his service vans) Dad pulled the front cover off so he could paint it to match & we were surprised to find 2 panels with a different color on both sides of each, as I recall. I really liked the coppertone (guess that's what you call it, a 2-tone faded brown affair) but of course it didn't match.

Most of them had the panels in the 80's. When I got a new one 4 yrs
ago none of them had it. Black, silver or white was it. He had about 8
brands lined up & when I looked inside it was just 2 different guts in
all of them. Same with MWO's. I knew I was in trouble when I installed it.
It must have weighed 40 lbs less than my old KA DW.
I was right, its a POS & I regret loosing my old KA.

73 Zeno:smoke:
LFOD !

crt89 07-04-2018 12:42 PM

I'd say early 70s too. You might want to ask at automaticwasher.org
Hope it's ok that I gave a link to another site, but it came to mind when I saw that.