Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Recorded Video (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   RCA Camcorder Made It home On A Bicycle!!! (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=253541)

1993ctc175 02-22-2012 07:33 AM

RCA Camcorder Made It home On A Bicycle!!!

6 Attachment(s)
On January 2012, I have looked around for a Camcorder the Model that I have always wanted. I was interested in Post-1989 Models Especially the RCA CC310/CC320 Camcorder.

So, I found one on Kijij.ca website. It's Model is CC310 I have contacted the AD Sucessfully and went from there.

the Only Transportation is a bicycle that have a luggage rack.

I have Picked up the Camcorder for $30.00 CDN.

Rode the Bicycle all the way home in a freezing Temperature for 16.2 Miles on a return trip from the place where I have Picked up the Camcorder. It did have a Hard carrying case.

Upon Loading it onto a bicycle I put the Camcorder in a hard carrying case in a large rollbag and strapped it on a luggage rack of a bicycle. (see pics)

Got it home safely.

So, Here are the Pictures

NJRoadfan 02-22-2012 04:37 PM

Looks like RCA was still rebranding Hitachi VHS camcorders in 1990. I have a Hitachi made LXI Series (Sears, a re-branded Hitachi VM-3100) circa 1987 model with the same controls (although not as fancy).

Electronic M 02-22-2012 06:30 PM

I used to have a similar model, but I think I gave it away.

I can't tell you how many cassette walkmans I killed by using them on my bike. Two wheel transport is not all that safe for things that can't heal.

Harvestman 02-22-2012 09:42 PM

Nice find!

I would have the carrying case with mine, but since mine was bought at a bag sale, it was cheaper without.

1993ctc175 02-23-2012 03:07 AM

Thank you, Harvestman.

Yes, My RCA CC310 Camcorder is in excellent working condition after I got it home safely in a freezing temperature from where I have privately bought the Camcorder.

I have to let the camcorder unit to warm up to a room temperature for two days. I have found the videotape with the camcorder. The only issue was the little clock battery that I have to replace because the time/date was not working if you disconnect the powerpack from the camcorder.

The time/date EVEN WORKS BEYOND YEAR 2000!!!!

The battery never hold the charge.

The Camcorder records beautifully while panning the camcorder and it playback the video. Even I have the Time/Date on the video at time of recording.

The EVF Electronic View Finder on the camcorder have the On-Screen Function like pause/record and if you don't record for more than five minutes It will go to "standby"

I have tried the Pro Edit Function on the camcorder (Audio Dub) but I have not play back on it as yet. Yes, I have fun with it.

yes, I put the Camcorder away for time being.

So, I have not take any latest pictures of the Beautiful Camcorder.

My RCA CC310 Camcorder Rocks!!!:thmbsp:

1993ctc175 11-27-2012 02:34 AM

It's Almost one year that an RCA Camcorder made it home on a bicycle!!!!

Chheers!!!

1993ctc175

Sandy G 11-27-2012 06:08 AM

Dah-Yum, nearly 20 miles in freezin' weather on a bicycle ? THAT'S Dedication to one's hobby..I salute you !

1993ctc175 11-29-2012 02:48 PM

Yes, indeed, I was filming with the same camcorder that made it home on a bicycle. I may upload only if I have one hour of tape out of that Camcorder alone.

I may film the Bicycle that was used to transport the Camcorder.

Cheers!

1993ctc175

1993ctc175 01-09-2013 01:43 AM

First Anniversary of an RCA Camcorder Made It Home on a bicycle!!!

It's been a little over one year that an RCA Camcorder Made it Home On a Bicycle!!!

Yes I was filming and panning my camcorder from my balconey Window. I have not upload any of the video from that Camcorder as yet.

So, Watch Out for the

First Annivesary of An RCA Camcorder Made It Home On a Bicycle!!!

Cheers!!

1993ctc175