Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   International Vintage Televisions (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Help ID analog channel 4... (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=274208)

Hawkwind 07-24-2021 07:28 PM

Help ID analog channel 4...

1 Attachment(s)
Was getting an analog channel 4 today with spanish audio from central or south america. Does this channel 4 logo look familiar?

I'm in Largo Florida...

Hawkwind 07-24-2021 11:57 PM

It's from the Dominican Republic...

old_tv_nut 07-25-2021 10:37 AM

Yes.

https://logos.fandom.com/wiki/Canal_4_RD

Dude111 07-26-2021 12:37 AM

Wow thats awesome!!!!

I wonder if there are any other analogs out there now???

Hawkwind 07-26-2021 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 3235412)
Wow thats awesome!!!!

I wonder if there are any other analogs out there now???

Yes there is. Except not in the United States or Mexico. Saw a channel 2 from Canada last month and a channel 9 from Cuba awhile back.

That channel 4 is 1044 miles from me...

Dude111 08-01-2021 11:08 PM

Wow pretty good conditions!!!!

Hawkwind 08-02-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 3235608)
Wow pretty good conditions!!!!

Now is the time that sporadic E-Skip is about over. Have seen openings between Christmas and New Years...

Dude111 08-09-2021 09:00 AM

Its sad,I bet haridly any of those digital crap channels skip like that! (Even if they did,you wouldnt see em probably)

old_tv_nut 08-09-2021 10:10 AM

The skip doesn't care what modulation is used, so technically, the digital does skip. However, since the signal to noise is so low, and on top of that the digital signal is transmitted with less power, the digital signal would not be receivable under the condition shown.

Hawkwind 08-09-2021 03:32 PM

Actually DTV 1000+ Mile reception via Sporadic E-Skip has been DXed. It's just there are not many DTV stations on channels 2 thru 6...

Dude111 08-10-2021 02:08 AM

Wow yes it would be there crystal clear and then just pixel away.......

RJMiranda 08-11-2021 10:31 AM

Analog TV is still used in Cuba, and may be received in southern US, but from the end of this year it will be gradually phased out.

Digital transmitters are already working in all major towns and cities. In addition to the analog channels, there are a few new programs that only can be received in digital. The analog blackout is going to be progressive, after digital coverage has been guaranteed and a majority of the households have got either set-top decoders or a compatible TV set.

The US digital receivers will not decode the digital Cuban channels, as they will be not ATSC-compliant, but rather a modified Chinese digital terrestrial broadcast system, tweaked to fit into the 6 MHz American channels. In fact, a Chinese receiver won´t work here.

NowhereMan 1966 08-16-2021 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJMiranda (Post 3235825)
Analog TV is still used in Cuba, and may be received in southern US, but from the end of this year it will be gradually phased out.

Digital transmitters are already working in all major towns and cities. In addition to the analog channels, there are a few new programs that only can be received in digital. The analog blackout is going to be progressive, after digital coverage has been guaranteed and a majority of the households have got either set-top decoders or a compatible TV set.

The US digital receivers will not decode the digital Cuban channels, as they will be not ATSC-compliant, but rather a modified Chinese digital terrestrial broadcast system, tweaked to fit into the 6 MHz American channels. In fact, a Chinese receiver won´t work here.

IIRC, yinz (Pittsburgh word for the plural form of you) will be adopting the DTMB standard instead of ATSC. I find it interesting that most of Latin America and South America are using the ISDB-T standard from Japan and other countries use the European DVB standard.

If I ask, I've heard that there were Soviet made TV's made to the NTSC standard, ever see one?

pgnl 08-17-2021 03:21 AM

I am interested in TV standards too. By the way Colombia uses DVB-T/T2 in a 6mhz channel… In Europe its a 7 (VHF) or 8 Mhz (UHF) channel.