Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   General Off Topic Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   YouTube ditches the "Tube"? (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=269498)

N2IXK 09-01-2017 06:33 PM

YouTube ditches the "Tube"?

Has anyone seen the new YouTube logo? Replaced the "CRT mask" outline around "Tube" and replaced it with a "Play Button"-based logo.

:thumbsdn:

Electronic M 09-01-2017 07:50 PM

spoken in announcer voice: "New from Google the maker of youtube, the new more aggressive, in your face video site 'You----'! Guaranteed to make you feel bad in under 30 min. Tell all your frien....enemies today." :D

I still see CRT-esq rectangle out in front of the name.

Findm-Keepm 09-01-2017 08:07 PM

Somebody had to justify their position. Next is the font......:nono:

Truly, 80% of "improvements" drive 100% of the complaints.

Ain't nothing but Arnold the Pig ever been improved by dressing it differently....

MadMan 09-01-2017 11:33 PM

I don't like change!

lnx64 09-01-2017 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electronic M (Post 3189036)
spoken in announcer voice: "New from Google the maker of youtube, the new more aggressive, in your face video site 'You----'! Guaranteed to make you feel bad in under 30 min. Tell all your frien....enemies today." :D

I still see CRT-esq rectangle out in front of the name.

Google never invented YouTube, and I will never allow them to say that. ;)

I've been a YouTuber since it began, I do not like the direction they've taken. In fact, all of the demonetization I've faced, it's hard to even be a creator anymore. I have done so much work for my how-to's, only to get demonetized because somehow the sight of a screwdriver offends people.

MadMan 09-02-2017 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnx64 (Post 3189048)
I've been a YouTuber since it began, I do not like the direction they've taken. In fact, all of the demonetization I've faced, it's hard to even be a creator anymore.

Amen. Dammit google!

Jon A. 09-02-2017 11:44 AM

Now the "Tube" part makes no sense.

Way to pander to an ignorant public.

NowhereMan 1966 09-02-2017 11:13 PM

I notice the difference too in YouTube. When someone does this, YouTube and Google (I like the old Google logo) I keep thinking where Meathead on "All in the Family" said when he sees "new and improved" on a product, he says, "what have we been using before, old and lousy?" I got to say he hit the nail right on that time, I got to concur. I got to admit, I'm from the "Bert Lantz (briefly Secretary of State under Jimmy Carter for a quick history lesson) school of thought" on many things, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

centralradio 09-02-2017 11:15 PM

I think YT should change their name to YouLCD of YouFlatScreen to keep up with the times and make the young whippersnappers and trendies feel good..Its like Radio Shack's name was still around in the digital era..It could be named Digital Shack.

I've read that some Youtubers are pissed because they are dropping their free YT video editor by the end of this month. .Their reason is because nobody used it.I never used it myself.

Ed in Tx 09-03-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centralradio (Post 3189079)
I think YT should change their name to YouLCD of YouFlatScreen to keep up with the times...

I see people all the time less than half my age still saying they "taped" or "filmed" something on their phone. Where you you put the tape or film? Is there a special slot for that? Where do you buy smartphone tapes or film anyway? :scratch2:

Jon A. 09-03-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed in Tx (Post 3189088)
I see people all the time less than half my age still saying they "taped" or "filmed" something on their phone. Where you you put the tape or film? Is there a special slot for that? Where do you buy smartphone tapes or film anyway? :scratch2:

Yeah, and they don't think to turn their phones sideways so the "film" will display properly on anything else. Actually they don't think period.

I guess we practice "defensive consumerism". It's the same sort of thing as defensive driving, just keep in mind anyone around you is likely to be an idiot and be on your guard.

maxhifi 09-03-2017 04:10 PM

Language lags tech, that's all. I think the YouTube thing makes sense, after all, CRTs haven't been made in years. I see a CRT bezel whenever I watch YouTube though!

Ed in Tx 09-03-2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon A. (Post 3189095)
Yeah, and they don't think to turn their phones sideways so the "film" will display properly on anything else. Actually they don't think period.

Yep that too. They don't seem to get the "wide screen" everyone supposedly wanted putting up with letterbox on 4:3 TVs ... dagnabbit!

jr_tech 09-03-2017 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxhifi (Post 3189096)
Language lags tech, that's all. I think the YouTube thing makes sense, after all, CRTs haven't been made in years. I see a CRT bezel whenever I watch YouTube though!

Agree... I'm guessing that it will be a long time before we hear sombody say "I'm gona grab me a couple of beers and crash in front of the LCD Screen.
:D

jr

Boobtubeman 09-03-2017 11:29 PM

I heard a friend tell her naughty kid "No watching screens for you"

SR