Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Solid State CRT Televisions (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Wide load (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=268258)

Jon A. 12-24-2016 12:58 AM

Wide load

Don't get me wrong, I like low, wide cabinets. :)

This is the other set that came from Yarmouth. I can't find a manufacture date on it, but the 25VBEP22 bears a date code of 7430, so I assume the set was made later that year. It must be a model made for the Canadian market because I've seen continuous UHF tuners on other post-'73 Canadian sets. It's a remote set and I actually got the remote this time. The model number is 62CS73R. I've taken a bunch of pictures, hopefully someone can identify the chassis.

Any safety cap issues with these sets? I haven't tried to power it up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154129...57687971074545

Findm-Keepm 12-24-2016 10:50 AM

1975ish, right? Sanyo made earlier consoles, but nothing that large until the mid-70s. The distributor I worked for distributed Sanyos from ~1973-1978, and one thing was clear - consoles were not a big seller. Sanyo made sets during that era for Sears and Channel Master (A 91C90 series CM set is still going locally....).

Sanyo never used a US CRT supplier - your tube is probably a rebuilt one installed later. Sanyo, Clinton, and Hitachi CRTs - that's all I've ever seen...

old_tv_nut 12-24-2016 12:14 PM

30th week of 1974 = last full week of July, so, if original CRT, set is very likely a '75 model

Electronic M 12-24-2016 12:18 PM

That's the biggest screen, biggest cabinet deltagun Japanese set I've ever been made aware of.

Jon A. 12-24-2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm (Post 3175531)
Sanyo never used a US CRT supplier - your tube is probably a rebuilt one installed later. Sanyo, Clinton, and Hitachi CRTs - that's all I've ever seen...

It's a RCA 25VBEP22. That's what is printed on the transistor map as well. Weren't they all made by RCA? .
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electronic M (Post 3175536)
That's the biggest screen, biggest cabinet deltagun Japanese set I've ever been made aware of.

Woohoo!:banana:

zeno 12-24-2016 07:09 PM

I am 99% sure this is a Hitachi chassis. Compare it to the
one you junked. The connectors & yellow placement ID tags
are a giveaway. Build style / layout also fit this era of Hitachi. Look for the rising sun logo on the PCB's.
Never seen a Sanyo SS console til the Sears ones of
the early 80's on. They were an excelent chassis.

If there is a US counterpart the model would probably be
52CS73R. First letter or Sanyo models is screen size BACKWARDS !
62C is 26" Canadian
52C is 25" USA
91C 19"
31C 13" etc.
Both Hitachi & Sanyo also sometimes had chassis ##'s. Sanyo on
the back but dont remember them inside.
Hitachi on a tag usually on IF shield & sometimes on back.

Merry Christmas
Zeno, Sharon & Luck Strike the cat.
LFOD !

zeno 12-24-2016 07:10 PM

sry first NUMBERS !

Jon A. 12-24-2016 11:51 PM

This chassis looks quite different from that of the junk Hitachi, but those wire tags did make me think Hitachi. It reminded me more of Maggie's T995. The connectors are different and I see only one carbon composition resistor whereas the Hitachi chassis was loaded with them. Two days ago I packed up what was left of the Hitachi and sent it to another collector. No rising sun logos on the Sanyo boards that I could see. There are some Hitachi transistors but even my Electrohome console has a Hitachi HOT.

Merry Christmas right back to all of ya. ;)

Jon A. 12-31-2016 04:26 AM

I couldn't find anything that looks like the safety caps I'm used to seeing, so I threw caution to the wind and powered up this boat. It seems to be fine but I noticed something rather odd: It has a 25VBEP22 which I know is the type of CRT it originally had, and I believe they have extra lead in the glass to handle more HV. However, when I checked the HV it was no more than what I saw produced by a Zenith 25DC56. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any sets equipped with the 25VBEP22 or the 25VCXP22 that normally drive the CRT at about 25Kv.

Also, there's no VRT, at least not one like those I'm familiar with. Might this be a hot chassis set?

kf4rca 12-31-2016 07:46 AM

Never seen a Sanyo console here in the South.

tom.j.fla 12-31-2016 07:51 AM

Check the red print labels on the big heat sink. Bottom one says chassis is connected to one side of the power line. Use care with this one,but nice find hope you find service manual for it. All the best,Tom.J

Jon A. 12-31-2016 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom.j.fla (Post 3175891)
Check the red print labels on the big heat sink. Bottom one says chassis is connected to one side of the power line. Use care with this one,but nice find hope you find service manual for it. All the best,Tom.J

Oh yeah, I see it now. No problem, when I have to poke around in there I'll run it through the Powerite.

Oh, I inserted the HV probe before plugging in the set for HV measurement.