Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   1964 Zenith M2109U chassis 14M28 tube layout (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=269008)

pac.attack76 05-15-2017 06:23 PM

1964 Zenith M2109U chassis 14M28 tube layout

Tubes were removed from this set and in the process of putting them back, I'm not sure where each one goes. I have tubes in it but won't plug in till I know they're right. Anyone have a diagram showing locations?

pac.attack76 05-16-2017 06:26 PM

Anyone? I need to know where each number type goes.

Samuel1981 05-16-2017 08:38 PM

https://www.samswebsite.com/en/photo...index/id/13899

For the cost of two large jimmy johns sandwiches, two chips, two sodas, and two cookies.

Findm-Keepm 05-16-2017 08:42 PM

I may have the Sams, or even the Zenith lit, or at worst, a Beitmans with the info. Lemme check.

Findm-Keepm 05-16-2017 08:48 PM

Here ya go - in the 1965 model year lineup:

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/...Additional.pdf

Page 171 is germane - go from there.

Really, years mean little to anyone looking for parts, manuals or info - the model or chassis speaks volumes. Nowhere in the service world are TVs referred to by year - only model or chassis series

pac.attack76 05-16-2017 08:50 PM

$22.00 just to find out where the tubes go. I'd have to pass on that. I originally pulled tubes out with plans to scrap the set due to lack of space, need for the set, and the fact that there's little interest in old sets here where I'm located but I came back across it only to find out it suffered no damage so I decided to have sympathy for it and reassemble. If no one here knows what goes where on this chassis, I'll probably stick with original plans c and junk it. I'm going to be moving soon and would rather pack lite anyway. Does anyone actually have this sheet? I can't imagine why they want to sell something for a 50-60 year old set. I've downloaded many pdf files but search for something like this and you'd swear it was military top-secret. I just want to know where the tubes go so I can test. I have no interest in putting money into it. I already have enough projects. Many only costing $4 in parts. I have another zenith I'm about to pull out and start going through so I'll know what to order. I bet zeno can help if he checks in. I just don't want to start it up with tubes in the wrong sockets. I b wish they had thought to actually label each socket.:scratch2:

pac.attack76 05-16-2017 09:02 PM

Hey Findm. Was in the middle of my reply when you responded. Thanks a mil for that. I'm checking it out now and tomorrow, I'll go through everything and post again when I'm done. I hate v to see this set go.

zeno 05-17-2017 06:38 AM

Ordering from Sams is your LAST resort. For $22 you will get a
crappy PDF or photocopy. Always try to find the ORIGINAL Sams.
They are printed in the highest quality. Check internet & you can
find them under $10. I dont have any this old but I do sell newer ones
apx 1967-1987. PM with requests. Always look here for a freebee
first. There are many generous folks here that love to help out.
If I have the Sams I WILL NOT copy it, I dont have a scanner anyhows.
I WILL look things up & give tech tips for free & enjoy doing it. Only
reason I sell them is to recover a fraction of the cost & put a
rack of beer in the fridge now & then:beer:

73 Zeno:smoke:
LFOD !

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac.attack76 (Post 3184003)
$22.00 just to find out where the tubes go. I'd have to pass on that. I originally pulled tubes out with plans to scrap the set due to lack of space, need for the set, and the fact that there's little interest in old sets here where I'm located but I came back across it only to find out it suffered no damage so I decided to have sympathy for it and reassemble. If no one here knows what goes where on this chassis, I'll probably stick with original plans c and junk it. I'm going to be moving soon and would rather pack lite anyway. Does anyone actually have this sheet? I can't imagine why they want to sell something for a 50-60 year old set. I've downloaded many pdf files but search for something like this and you'd swear it was military top-secret. I just want to know where the tubes go so I can test. I have no interest in putting money into it. I already have enough projects. Many only costing $4 in parts. I have another zenith I'm about to pull out and start going through so I'll know what to order. I bet zeno can help if he checks in. I just don't want to start it up with tubes in the wrong sockets. I b wish they had thought to actually label each socket.:scratch2:

Adam 05-17-2017 07:36 AM

Here's a scan from the Zenith manual. It's in TV-33.

zeno 05-17-2017 10:08 AM

There you go !
Thats a great set. Always liked working on them. Most still
have near perfect CRT's still & are easy to get going. In fact
most are working when found.

73 Zeno:smoke:
LFOD !

pac.attack76 05-17-2017 02:08 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys! Checked everything out and seems I was wrong on only one tube. Only thing is, I'm not sure about the 6EA8 for the tuner section. The tube that's in there now does light up but the numbers are rubbed off so I'm not sure if it's right or not. Ever t hing lights up but can't get a pic when connected to a device and the sound can be turned up and down but it's only a hum. No static sound. Also, the 6J10 so the sound output has a 6Z10 in place. Is this a proper replacement? I couldn't find a 6J10 in my pile so my guess is the 6Z10 is what came out of it. Any ideas?

N8QQD 05-17-2017 02:25 PM

The RCA tube guide lists it as 6Z10/6J10, so it should be fine.

pac.attack76 05-17-2017 02:39 PM

I forgot about that. Different brands, different numbers. Any idea where the hum is coming from? No image on screen either. May be related?

Adam 05-17-2017 03:13 PM

First I'd try just shaking the IF tubes in their sockets, and looking to see if the picture comes up, dirty tube sockets are a common problem. Both no picture and no sound (but good HV, full horizontal, vertical,...) would put the problem likely in the video IFs or the tuner.

pac.attack76 05-17-2017 06:53 PM

I moved the tubes again but only before startup with no change. Can I move them while they're on?