Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Recorded Video (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Magnavox VR8415Sl01 av out? (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=268448)

pac.attack76 02-01-2017 04:56 PM

Magnavox VR8415Sl01 av out?

No problem with coaxial output but I want to use rca jacks. How do I switch to them. Obviously for this 84 model, there's no menu and I don't see a switch.

tom.j.fla 02-01-2017 05:39 PM

Do you have the a/v in and out jacks on the back? Just plug your a/v cable in the out jacks then in to the a/v in jacks on your viewing device. Don't need a menu for that even on menu driven decks. All the best, Tom.J p.s. If that doesn't work then there is a fault in the machine.

pac.attack76 02-02-2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom.j.fla (Post 3177745)
Do you have the a/v in and out jacks on the back? Just plug your a/v cable in the out jacks then in to the a/v in jacks on your viewing device. Don't need a menu for that even on menu driven decks. All the best, Tom.J p.s. If that doesn't work then there is a fault in the machine.

I might be thinking of line in when having to switch from other source but connecting this thing doesn't get me anywhere unless it's regular coaxial.

EdKozk2 02-03-2017 11:36 AM

I've had the same problems with beta and vhs units. I noticed the new flat screen television don't seem to be able to detect direct analog signals from the older equipment . I've had to use the RF/ coaxial mode to watch videos on equipment from the 80's. Also some tapes won't play in one machine but will work in another.
Ed

pac.attack76 02-03-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdKozk2 (Post 3177862)
I've had the same problems with beta and vhs units. I noticed the new flat screen television don't seem to be able to detect direct analog signals from the older equipment . I've had to use the RF/ coaxial mode to watch videos on equipment from the 80's. Also some tapes won't play in one machine but will work in another.
Ed

Yes, I believe this is the price I'm paying for buying THX certified equipment. I just recently got a new setup with receiver, speakers, flat screen, and sub. Trying to stick to my other old school stuff seems to be a no-no. This is the reason I keep all my crt sets but right now, I don't have the room to set one up.:scratch2:

Electronic M 02-03-2017 02:49 PM

You probably need a TBC to make the AV out signal clean enough for the new stuff to sync to/recognize it.

Captainclock 02-06-2017 04:31 PM

Pac Attack, I have the Panasonic version of your VCR and there is a switch on the front of the machine behind a flip-down panel that allows you to switch between tuner and A/V Input mode you have to switch that switch from tuner mode to A/V mode in order to be able to use the A/V inputs on the back of the VCR. I hope this helps!

-Levi

pac.attack76 02-06-2017 04:41 PM

No switch on this one. A few buttons behind the door. Nothing else.

Captainclock 02-06-2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pac.attack76 (Post 3178104)
No switch on this one. A few buttons behind the door. Nothing else.

Huh, that's weird because my Panasonic VCR that's like your has a switch on the front for switching between the tuner and the A/V jacks on the back. Although now come to think of it I know there were a couple of 1980s vintage Panasonic and Quasar VCRs that would just activate the A/V inputs by just simply plugging in the A/V source into the A/V input jacks on the back and no switches were needed, that might be the way your VCR is.

dieseljeep 02-06-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captainclock (Post 3178098)
Pac Attack, I have the Panasonic version of your VCR and there is a switch on the front of the machine behind a flip-down panel that allows you to switch between tuner and A/V Input mode you have to switch that switch from tuner mode to A/V mode in order to be able to use the A/V inputs on the back of the VCR. I hope this helps!

-Levi

I have a Panasonic built GE from the same era. I can use the A/V outs at the same time as the RF out. It does have the A/V switch to select between the inputs and the tuner. I use them both. :thmbsp:

pac.attack76 02-07-2017 08:27 AM

Went directly into av in on my plasma set and was working at the same time as the coaxial. I must have had it in the wrong jack on my avr. Then again, it probably doesn't work that way since I'm using hdmi out from the receiver.

dishdude 02-07-2017 08:37 AM

Every VCR I've ever seen the A/V outs are always on. Some older VCRs do not have a tuner/aux switch, so as soon as you plug something into the RCA inputs they disable the tuner and switch over to the aux input.