Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Diagnostic & Test Equipment (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Seco HC8 (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=270145)

LADR 02-15-2018 03:11 PM

Seco HC8

I picked this up off PayBay for $5 and when it got here, I noticed that the needle was not pointing directly to 0. Normally, meters have a screw on the front to adjust the needle but mine doesn’t have this screw. What should i do?

LADR 02-15-2018 03:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No screw

Kevin Kuehn 02-15-2018 04:35 PM

Personally if it works I'd leave it alone. On a scale of 0 to 300ma the error is insignificant. If it absolutely bothers you, you could possibly remove the plastic cover and bend the needle. But it would be my luck that I'd slip and bugger something up much worse.

[edit] It could even be the paper dial scale was misplaced, but I'd still leave it.

LADR 02-15-2018 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Kuehn (Post 3196242)
Personally if it works I'd leave it alone. On a scale of 0 to 300ma the error is insignificant. If it absolutely bothers you, you could possibly remove the plastic cover and bend the needle. But it would be my luck that I'd slip and bugger something up much worse.

[edit] It could even be the paper dial scale was misplaced, but I'd still leave it.

I thought about putting in a meter with a screw but i dunno.

Electronic M 02-15-2018 08:31 PM

Maybe the screw is on the back...

LADR 02-15-2018 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electronic M (Post 3196256)
Maybe the screw is on the back...

Nope. Nothing like that.

dieseljeep 02-18-2018 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LADR (Post 3196238)
No screw

By the picture shown, it looks like the plastic lens snaps off and the adjustment is inside on the needle pivot.
It would probably be easier to remove the meter movement from the instrument and there should be small screwdriver slots to pop the lens off.
Be extremely careful, as meters can be damaged easily. :tears:

WISCOJIM 02-18-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseljeep (Post 3196379)
By the picture shown, it looks like the plastic lens snaps off and the adjustment is inside on the needle pivot.
It would probably be easier to remove the meter movement from the instrument and there should be small screwdriver slots to pop the lens off.
Be extremely careful, as meters can be damaged easily. :tears:

I have two of these, and I looked at them yesterday to see if the meter cover would pop off. I used a fair amount of force, and neither budged. I was afraid to try to pry them off.

dieseljeep 02-18-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WISCOJIM (Post 3196383)
I have two of these, and I looked at them yesterday to see if the meter cover would pop off. I used a fair amount of force, and neither budged. I was afraid to try to pry them off.

Hopefully, they weren't glued on! That's why I suggested removing the meter. It would be a little easier to see what's going wrong.
BTW, 5 bucks was a good deal!