Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Solid State CRT Televisions (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   '77 Zenith ChromacolorII SC600 remote (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=266530)

Adam 03-12-2016 10:31 AM

'77 Zenith ChromacolorII SC600 remote

What remote does it use?

It's the 17JC55 chassis, the manual says it uses a SC600 remote. But with every SC600 remote I have, channel up and down works, off/on steps the volume up and down, the volume button is mute, and no button will turn it on/off. I tried all the other remotes I have, and the channel down button on a RCA mechanical remote from a '61 B&W TV will turn it on and off, so I don't think there is anything wrong with this tv, but that I just have the wrong remote. I'm thinking that maybe this uses one of those electronic ultrasonic remotes that Zenith used in the late-70's and early-80's (I don't have one to test). Because if each of the 4 buttons on a mechanical SC600 remote perform a different function and none of them turn it on/off, and a different frequency on another remote does turn it on/off (and does nothing else) it seems like this would have to use a 5 button remote.

zeno 03-12-2016 03:25 PM

May sound crazy but what color is the on/off button ?
Should be blue. If its white, silver or orange you
prob have the wrong one.
Also IIRC the "ZOOM" feature started in J-line. All zoom sets
used the battery ultra remotes. ALL battery ones have standardized freqs.
Older clickers WERE NOT !.
Post the model number & I will look into it in the next few days
if you wish.

73 Zeno:smoke:

Adam 03-12-2016 05:52 PM

All my SC600 remotes have the orange on//off button, I don't have a blue one to test out. According to the manual I have, for the J-line, the 13" sets got an SC100, 17" sets an SC600, and larger sets an SC1000. I thought all the SC1000s were battery remotes, but I don't know about this 600. Model SJ1741W

How well did these 17" inline tubes hold up?

Adam 03-21-2016 06:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I picked up this battery remote. Off/On, channel up/down, and mute work like they should. Volume low cycles through the 4 volume levels (up and down), volume high does nothing. So originally I think this set must have used only one button for the volume unlike this remote, but it must have had a separate on/off button like this remote does.

DavGoodlin 03-22-2016 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 3158886)
I picked up this battery remote. Off/On, channel up/down, and mute work like they should. Volume low cycles through the 4 volume levels (up and down), volume high does nothing. So originally I think this set must have used only one button for the volume unlike this remote, but it must have had a separate on/off button like this remote does.

This remote looks like one for a system 3 SC (I have a 19" version) from 1980