Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   New to the site, And in need of some advice. (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=248629)

Coshi 08-21-2010 01:28 AM

New to the site, And in need of some advice.

Hello Video karma users, The name's Marshall. and I've got a admiral Portable set from the dumpster, It's In grate shape on the out side. But one tube is broken another is missing, a condenser that is come off and a wire from the neck of the picture tube has also come undone. I'm not shore where to start so any advice would be of grate help.

Red Raster 08-21-2010 04:31 AM

Welcome to the shelter of the abandoned and forgotten

This old clasic can be restored! a set in good cosmetic condition is at least
half the battle internal parts can be found, Start of by getting a service manual to take inventory and if your not familiar with vintage electronics
get help from some one who is. post the model and chasis number some one in the forum will have imfo another place that i have great success is just radios. good luck mike.

Coshi 08-22-2010 09:05 AM

Proper labels.

2 Attachment(s)
The Model number is ADMIRAL T-103. Any Ideas where I would find a replacement tube for A 12DQ6? When it was tossed out the tube got smashed. Also is there a good reference for what different tubes do?

Thanks!!,
Marshall

jr_tech 08-22-2010 02:05 PM

Cute set!:thmbsp:
A good place to start would be to obtain the Sams Photofact Folder (Howard W Sams & Company) for the set. My index lists it as set #350, folder #1, published in 1957. Your local library may have a copy, or you can find it for sale on line.

jr

bandersen 08-22-2010 03:05 PM

Welcome to VK. The tube depot carries the 12DQ6. Plenty on eBay too.

bgadow 08-22-2010 10:58 PM

I can set you up with both the Sams and the tube. If interested send me a PM.

Coshi 08-24-2010 02:12 PM

Hanging it up for a wile.

I'm gonna put this project up tell I get in contact with the The Radio & Television Museum - Located in Bowie, MD. they've got a grate workshop that's open to the public. so that should be a good place to start.

Thanks for your help!!

bgadow 08-25-2010 10:16 PM

If I lived a little closer I'd be hanging around that museum quite a lot!

When the old TV bug really sets in, you need to ride over and see me. I can probably set you up with all the sets you can stand!

radio63 08-28-2010 03:21 AM

One of the first things you want to do is to check the CRT. If it is weak or dead, you need to get a replacement for it. Now that (I guess) Hawkeye is no longer in business (?) the rebuild option is not available any more. If the CRT is OK this set should restore quite easily. Good luck with it.

Gilbert