View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 08:16 PM
VK Member

OK,
I have to admit I am a little confused here. As far as lacquer finish thats exactly what my cousin said it was, along with stain added to darken it up. Actually the wood looks to be in really decent shape but the finish is letting loose to the point of flaking away when finger nail is run across it. I was a little concerned before looking at the unit and just the pics from craigs. As it turns out my concern was only a patch on the top where the finish completely wore away.
i guess my feelings were this should have something applied to help protect the wood. seems to me also if i just applied wax the bare spots would stick out like a sore thumb.
Please keep in mind I am total newbie here and given choice between paint brush, hammer and cool ass spray equipment. I would choose hammer, cool ass spray equipment then the paint brush.

Rrago,
thanks for the offer and glad i checked. It appears the radio has lost 2 small pieces of its veneer during its life time. Attached ref the attached photo's, missing is (1) pc approx 3/8" x 7/8" and (1) piece 1/2" x 1 1/2"

Zenithfan1
I did not notice til last night but your from Kenosha... I lived there for a little over 1 1/2 years on a machine install at the Chrysler engine plant. Nice town especially if your into drinking and carrying on. Me being in my mid-30's at the time, well lets just say I was all about that...lol I also purchased my paradigm ST60's and ST100's in a higher end stereo shop somewhere up in Racine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010327.jpg (105.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg P1010328.jpg (83.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg P1010329.jpg (88.9 KB, 13 views)