View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Not sure how I got here.

Jeffhs, I don't know if I agree with you.... Americans seem to have an large appetite for useless electronics. Remember there was no real need for cell phones when there was pay phones everywhere. We were pretty much forced into the cell thing. And the bigger the screen, the more 4k, and 8k stuff yer gunna need. The only way I see it playin out yer way is if we begin living more like the rest of the world. And to that I remember seeing home sizes beginning to come down in sq. ft. per average house.... So will that limit the size of tv screens we kinda think is "big enough" For our room, we stuck with 25" 4:3.

I Do see 3D kinda crashing.... I would not want to have to wear glasses to see a 3d news broadcast or even begin to think they will produce 3D vampire shows..... or will they....

As to the tv boxes for everyone..... TWC has began $14.95 internet only service here in NY, I know they are bleeding subscribers like crazy. I bet they are taking a lesson from the airlines. Lower the price on service, then build up on add-ons just so the basic service works on yer set.... You know they have statistics on what the average person has, so lets put a few financial road blocks in there for ya- Can't go on vacation without a bag..... $$ Carry-on charge $$ Most people don't have $5k in there savings account, so lets see where do banks set the free checking threshold.... Let me guess..... could it be.... wait.... oh.... yup.... $5k.

TWC and others for that matter mostly think, even though they are bleeding subscribers, that they got ya-.... And if they can get you into digital, then HD ain't far behind for you.... Then it'll be 4k.... And they are very busy selling people on mobile for their service too, so they will be wanting to take tv bandwidth again in a few years.... We're gunna loose tv as we knew it all together in about 12 years.... It will all be pay demand tv over the internet, even if its that stupid version of broadcast they now call wireless.....