View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 07:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

I'm replacing the components in the Horizontal and Vertical sections right now. I thought that I would include a picture of how I arrange things when I'm doing a section of the chassis.

First thing I do is take some close up pictures of the area. Then using some lined notebook paper and a pencil, I draw out what is connected. For example let's say a tube we'll call V12. I draw a circle and place the key way and 8 dots which represent the terminals. I then draw a resistor going from pin 1 and the other end of the resistor I list where it goes like #3 V13, and so on. I also draw in what ever is connected to that terminal like wires, coils, etc.

Then I clip out the components that I'll be changing out. I lay then next to the chassis then I measure the resistance of the clipped out resistors and record them on my spreadsheet. I then get a new resistor and measure that and again record it on my spreadsheet. I dig out the the new caps too. I placed the new components next to the old ones. I then clean up the terminals and clean them using an acid brush and acetone. I then make any repairs needed to wiring etc.

Then I start to install the new components. It's like building a kit now! After soldering, I again clean the terminals with acetone.

Then take a break.

Audiokarma