View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 10:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
Wrong, I don't have a cell phone either and that's by choice. I don't want a flat screen TV either. I watch a 1976 Electrohome console almost every day.

Hey, maybe we could start some sort of a peer group of like minded folks. We could help people understand that our brain isn't a device that we whip out of our pocket when/if we have a though or a question. We could challenge young adults who have NEVER known a world without cell and "smart" phones to go without. Of course this would be similar to drug withdraw, so there would have to be a support structure like a 24hr hotline for those frozen in confusion and withdraw.

It could start a trend of sorts; maybe even a reality TV show like Naked and Afraid! I've been thinking for years that the smarter and safer we get through technology, the dumber many people seem, and the safe world we gained is way more dangerous than what came before everything being safe.