View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
Yes.I understand that happening after getting rid of stuff.Two months down the road you need something off it.It happens all the time here.All of us are in the same boat on storage issues with little or no room to store everything.I'm out of room here and still taking in CRT TVs here like a 25 inch Panasonic and a Sanyo 19 inch set that I took in in the past week.I probably have enough 25 inch sets here to stack them up to make the Jeopardy game show set in my living room.All I need is Alex and his contestants .
Yeah, I know that feeling, I had recently acquired an old Philco Townhouse TV from a local antique shop for $15 and I was wanting to restore it back to usable condition again but it turns out it might of been a little more than I could handle because the 'dag was coming off the back of the picture tube and the vertical oscillator is running at 30 hz instead of 60 hz causing the picture to be doubled ontop of itself and that's because there are some bad capacitors or something in the Vertical stage of the TV and it seems that it might be a little tricky to try and get to those caps to replace them besides them being rated at 1kV. Anyways I had acquired from Goodwill earlier this year a 1960s vintage Sony B & W Portable TV from the salvage and also a 1980s vintage Montgomery Wards 5" Portable Color TV that still works like new and all I had to do to it was readjust the picture adjustments in the back because the picture was kind of dark.
Audiokarma