View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 07:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I used to be really into collecting video games from when I was around 11 till a year or two ago when I stoped spending on anything that did not contain vacuum tubes.
Way to go Tom! I am almost 42 years old, so I place my teen years dead on the crossover between the 'good ol days' and whatever we call what the world has become. I can remember when it was a pretty big deal to have a Pong game, and it was a REAL big deal to have a Sony Betamax VCR. That was the mid to late 70s. I never met anyone who had a VCR until maybe 1985, and the first CDs or players invaded our army post RECORD stores in Europe around 1987. A few Christmas's before 1985 all of the kids had to have an Atari 2600. I didn't "have" to get one, but I got one. I think my dad liked it more than I did. As the digital device age came into play, I regressed into times and things that I thought were much more interesting which for me amounted to tube type radios, TVs, and back dated music. Some people look at this as limiting one's self, but to me looking back to things gives you a much wider span of things to enjoy. To me the "latest" is usually not the greatest; and if I were to become Mr. Trendy, I would be greatly limiting the amount of things to find and, in my case, bring back to life. The only good thing I can say about being trendy is that it will probably be more attractive to the ladies! LOL! It always amazes me how oblivious most women are to nearly anything related to the past. I need to meet a history major working in the TV or radio broadcast industry! Good luck to me right??

Oh by the way, the Tele-Games unit I mentioned is an Atari 2600 made for Sears-Roebuck & Co. and is in mint condition.