View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 07:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
You probably have to remove the volume control and have a look inside!
IDK if the volume control is a log or a linear taper. Also, the schematic shows a 250ohm resistor in series, but the parts list shows that the resistor is part of the control. Some experimenting is needed!
Re: the next entry problem with the hum, maybe the 6J7 or the 6F6 has an H-K short.
Sure is one for the books.
Well for sure I did swap out the 6F6 tube and the 6J7 tubes for known good tubes to check the H-K Short theory and of course it still has that nasty hum to it even after swapping in known good tubes.

I ohmed out the volume control pot just to make sure it was still good and it was only measuring 1 ohm all across the pot no matter where the volume control knob was set, which tells me that the volume control pot has failed and is perhaps what is causing my humming problem, because the volume control is grounded to chassis using the left side terminal and goes to the kathode of the 6A8 tube from the middle and right side tap of the volume control pot.

Is there any way to test this theory by somehow taking the volume control pot out of the circuit?

Last edited by vortalexfan; 07-10-2021 at 07:23 PM.
Audiokarma