View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 04:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

Another thing, it used to be so much easier to watch TV. Growing up we didn't have cable, so you only had a few choices in channels. You had the four major networks, PBS, and the smaller stations which were mostly HSN and TBN.

I remember they had some of the weirdest stuff back then. We had a local station here as well which mainly aired retro TV shows during the day, and sometimes local interest segments during the evening with local politicians. There was a live call in program at night where you could call in and announce it on-air. Their local segments were rather cheesy and filmed on a very dinky looking set, especially by today's standards, or even back then. You just don't see stuff like that anymore.

Nowadays, with digital cable it is really a pain IMO to find something to watch. You have the onscreen guide and have so many choices to go through. Sometimes I will search for a program instead if I have in mind what I want to watch.

But I find for all those channels there isn't much to watch. Many of them being infomercials, dumb reality shows or other junk.

I watch a few of the shows like American Pickers, Househunters, Fixer Upper, Tree Houses, etc. Sometimes Animal Planet or Nat Geo Wild shows.
We used to watch History Channel pretty often but lately it must be junk because I don't remember watching it much lately.

There is little on network TV I care about. I never watch the sitcoms and only have one drama that I've been interested in but it canceled.

Sometimes I put on the Weather Channel just to hear the music. LOL