View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 10:44 AM
VideoKarma Member

Location: Valley of the Sun, formerly Silicon Valley, formerly Packer Land.
I'm just a collector/hobbiest. I was never exposed to professional equipment. I was not thinking professional equipment. I was thinking consumer television and in the 1968 era when the Trinitron was introduced and what I saw with my own eyes. It is unfair to compare a consumer television to a professional monitor. That is where I was coming from.

Most people, when seeing CONSUMER Trinitrons for the first time back then were impressed. I too looked at a 1965/66 GE Potracolor in store showrooms. Now that was low resolution.

I saw a 7 inch and 12 inch Trinitron in the NYC Fifth Avenue showroom in 1968. The image quality blew me away. I was so impressed, that I bought one on the spot in 1968.

Speaking of professional studio monitors, I noticed through the decades that televisions control rooms seem to use Sony monitors a lot. I was never in the trade, I worked in real estate, but I base that from watching television and often times, I would see a studio control room shot filled with Sony monitors. One example, the Today Show.

I think we are straying from the original topic of this thread.