View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 09:34 PM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
Which repeater are you trying to hit and have you tried any of the UHF repeaters in the county? I sometimes have better luck hitting the UHF repeaters when using the short stock Baofeng rubber duck.

https://www.repeaterbook.com/repeate...id=39&loc=Lake

Which model do you have... as far as I know the UV-5R only has 2 power settings 1 & 5 Watts. My BF-8HP has a third setting for outputs of 7 W on UHF and 8 W on VHF.

Yes, manual programming is a PITA.

jr
I am trying to access the Painesville 147.81-.21 repeater, N8BC, 110.9 Hz subaudible tone.

I have the Baofeng UV-5R which, as you said, only offers two transmitter power options, one and five watts.

Doggone it, if my UV-5R covered 220 MHz (unfortunately, it doesn't; it only covers 2m and UHF), I could try to get into the repeater here in Fairport Harbor which operates in that band.

That's a good one. I've lived here in Fairport Harbor sixteen years, and never knew, until just now, there was a 220-MHz repeater in town--just a hop, skip and a jump from my apartment to boot.

BTW, what is your amateur callsign, and how long have you been in the hobby? I was first licensed as WN8NHV in 1972, passed Technician three years later, and General ten years after that; I've been General class WB8NHV ever since mid-1985.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by Jeffhs; 07-23-2016 at 09:41 PM.
Audiokarma