View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 05:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

1964 Zenith Console Stereo with Microtouch 2G Changer

Hello everyone recently I just picked up a 1964 Zenith Console Stereo with a first generation Microtouch 2G Record Changer that uses single-ended 7695 tubes in the amplifier and I was curious as to what kind of tubes those were and what kind of power they were rated for because I had never heard of those tubes before, and these tubes are in the larger 9-pin tube package, and this unit has all of its original Zenith tubes in it yet, as from what I was told it was mainly used as a decor item in the house it came out of.

It is FM Stereo Multiplex, and actually I was kind of surprised that it was tube powered because I had thought that by that point everyone went solid state on the big consoles.

The cabinet is kind of trashed as the grill cloth on the speakers is torn up and there are cigarette burn marks all over the top of the cabinet (which at first I thought it was bird poop because it was a curbside find that a friend of mine who knew the owners of the house that the stereo came out of told me about, but when I was cleaning it that's when I realized it was cigarette burn marks because they weren't going away with soap and water.)

Anyways I would like to know a little more about what I have here, it actually has the magnavox style slide cover top rather than the flip-top lid that Zenith usually used.

Its model number is ML2420-3 Chassis No. 3L02.

Thanks for your help.