View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
2 probes are an option, your scope will get a trigger signal off whatever you apply to one channel, the second probe is just in case you need to use a separate trigger source, good idea to have for some needs. Be sure you get ones with 1x 10x options and trimmer adjustment for capacitance, this will match impedance properly. Your scope has a square wave test point on its front, attach the probe, and adjust the trimmer to get a nice square wave with no overshoot, or loading (rounding of the square edges).
I do have a question about test points. In the Sams it shows a test point between one leg of the vertical transistor and one leg of the horizontal blanking transistor. Seems the two legs are tied together and then a resistor goes to ground from that solder point. Now the test point is right at that junction and it can only be reached from the bottom of the chassis. Is it important to get that point or can I just connect the probe on the top side directly to the leg of the blanker transistor? Either way it's on the same end of the resistor, so that's not an issue. It's just not at the solder point of the two legs.

I hope that makes sense.

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650