View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 12:53 AM
VideoKarma Member

Ion trap adjustment and placement

Still working on my first tube tv restoration. Next up is working on the picture tube assembly itself… to note, this entire tv and cabinet was FILTHY. I have yet to clean the assembly in question, so please ignore that portion…

I’m not seeing anywhere in the schematics for this model (Stewart Warner 9121A) listing the exact position of the ion trap for this model. Upon opening it up, I noticed someone in the past did some work on this, as there were some wrong tubes in the wrong sockets, and a few newer capacitors with the wrong specs. Which leads me to wonder if the ion trap is also incorrectly placed, as the picture tube itself is functional yet I am getting no picture.

Attached is a photo: although not pictured, I see it was previously glued to the tube itself. Also, from what I understand, the arrow is pointing in the opposite direction of the screen, which is incorrect. Can anyone confirm if this is true? And does anyone know if the position is correct if it is sitting at around 2 o’clock viewing from the back?

Thanks for any help in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_3792.jpeg (137.4 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Madeline12; 04-21-2024 at 01:18 AM.