View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 11:40 PM
On Land

Carmine: I, too, am a fan of the last V8 5th Avenues. My mother had a red 86 model... that car was sooo comfortable to sit it! Those velvet red fluffy seats and deep red carpeting... that car was like a whore-house on wheels!!

As far as the 1% under invoice goes, I might be able to squeeze just a little more out of them. Come to find out, my father ordered a new truck from the same dealer a few weeks back (a 4-dr with 8ft bed). He's getting it for 500 under invoice. He didn't have to twist their arm for it, either. This dealership has recently been bought by someone else, and they are currently trying to undersell everyone in the area. So, I am going to meet my salesman this week, and see if I can get the same deal. It only saves me another 150 bucks, but, that's 150 bucks that could otherwise be used to buy beer!

Curious... did your RT come with the original style script lettering in the grill, or did you put that there? I've seen some guys place that in there after getting the car. Hell... that's my favorite thing about the Classic... they use the "cool" letters instead of the newer block letters.

I am still trying to decide if I am going to keep the stripes or get rid of them. My main concern with stripes is wondering how they will look several years down the road. They come off pretty easy, and it's my understanding that it's best to remove them while the car is still fresh.

As mentioned by many people online, I also agree that they could have put a little more thought into the inside of the car. The instrument cluster is a hand-me-down from the Charger. It's not that they look bad, but they could have come up with something a little more reminiscent of the 70's Challengers.

He who dies with the most toys still dies.