View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 05:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUD1 View Post
I used to have a set with this chassis, and I loved that set. It had the best picture I had seen on a shadow mask TV. It could look good sitting next to a Trinitron. One thing to look out for on these is the big run capacitor. If it hasn't already been replaced, it will certainly fail in very short order. An A/C supply house will have it. Also sometimes the picture can look a little bit grainy, if it isn't crystal clear, you can tweak the AGC delay and it should clear up. I'm pretty certain this set has vertical height and centering controls.
I'd be happy to replace that cap but I'm not really sure what to look for. Do you think this is the replacement? This is behind the heatsink on the top right.

I just went down the Automatic Gain Control rabbit hole, I love learning about this stuff but much of it is over my head. Also I'm not sure I would be able to tell if the image is too grainy, most things are pretty grainy over RF.

If you have some direction as to where I should look let me know. There are lots of pots and I'm a little nervous to just start poking around.