View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 11:36 AM
Motorola Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Yeah, you're prolly right... Most of MY engineering is by simple "Dead Reckoning"-If it LOOKS strong enuff, go ahead & DOUBLE it, then you KNOW it will be... Wonder if they have many Redneck Hillbillies in Der Fodderlundt ?!? (grin)
A good many are Rheinland-Palitinate-Black Forest Germans who emigrated to central PA, by the looks of things in the hills north and west of here.....we're cheap and like to keep old stuff working, thats why Moyer's still has our parts.

Sandy - A budget antenna mounting I've done uses 20 foot lengths of used 1"-1-1/4" galvanized steel well pipe along side the house, pushed 1-2 feet into the ground with stand-off y-brackets through-bolted into the attic space. Its just a pain to swap your antennas without a tower tho. Dont be tempted to rely on threaded couplings that may come with the pipes, have a Farmer-neighbor to weld them together, they're happy to help in exchange for you getting thier antenna to work

BTW, my gutters came off as well and I sure don't expect my Insurance company to play ball either. Money only flows one-way with homeowner's policies - TO them.