Thread: Sencore VA-62
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 09:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

Low band IF and level modification

Here are some pictures of what I ended up with to make the VA62 output an IF level modulated signal for the 15-35 MHz IF band and IF level. I found an error in the VA62 block diagram showing the wiring for the RF-IF Signal switch. The corrected wiring diagram made adding a manual RF/IF output level switch easy. One piicture is a dagram of the switch with the circled numbers that are the terminal number of the wires removed from the RF-IF Signal switch that are wired to the new manual DPDT RF/IF level switch. The pictures show before and after the switch addition.

My software modification to the VA62 EPROM uses the Prog Cable setting of the RF -IF Signal switch to change the frequency of channel number 42 to 25.5 MHz. Pressing the +/- keypad key then lets you enter an offset to shift the frequency by +/- 9.75 MHz in .25 MHz steps. There are some pictures of channel 42 with a +9.75 MHz and a -9.75 MHz offset with the output frequency displayed on a frequency counter. There are scope pictures that show the waveform and voltage level.

I have not tried it with my 721TS, or tested it thoroughly, but everything else still seems to work properly.

Same offer as before, send a PM and I will send a copy of the EPROM .HEX file for you to burn a copy of the modification. Or send me your 2716/2732 EPROM (keep your original safe) with an addressed, prepaid shipping, box and I can burn it for you.

Dave

Clarification: The numbers on the DPDT level switch diagram are the RF-IF Switch (gray one at the top of the 4th picture) numbered solder connection points. Remove the wires connected to the RF-IF switch solder connection points 8,9,10,14, and 17 and then connect those wires to the DPDT switch as shown in the diagram. The DPDT switch will then either supply power to the RF or the IF amplfiers depending on the position of the new DPDT RF/IF Level switch.

Last edited by Zenith6S321; 09-08-2016 at 08:49 PM.