View Single Post
Old 11-11-2023, 08:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

I saw this topic just today. I am currently working with a Magnavox Stereo Theater with this same chassis. I'm thinking it is a version of the C36 chassis. They made several different versions of the same chassis. The ones for Stereo Theaters used the 6GC5 audio output tube for a cathode follower, then fed the audio thru the stereo amplifier. My set has the 27ZP4 picture tube, which tested much like this one did, but at least it lights and I have a full raster. The problem I'm currently having is that I have no audio nor video, so I need to try to troubleshoot that. Sams has schematics for the C36 series chassis, but none of them are exact. I hope I can get mine going since I have had the rest of this thing apart as far as I can get it, including the cabinet. I found it in an abandoned house in Detroit that was being torn down. It had a half inch of cigarette scum all over it. Mine has remote control and the whole shot. Top of the line model for 1962. Mine does not have the UHF option.