View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 11:37 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coot88 View Post
Just a cautionary note though. If it's a synchronous vibrator (mechanical rectification), be sure the supply polarity is correct. If it's backward, the B+ will also be backwards, throwing reverse polarity on the main filter caps. Whereas with tube rectfication the supply can be either polarity.
Ok, well I dont know if this would of affected anything or not but when I was trying to repair the battery cables I which were previously severed and jury rigged back together with wire splices and friction tape I couldn't tell what color the wires were because the cloth insulation on the wires were faded to the point that you couldn't tell what colors they were.

So I wired then up how they were wired up when i first got the radio (which was how it looked in the chassis illustration in the Riders for this unit, not noticing that there was an actual diagram of how the battery cable was supposed to be wired up in the schematic and I accidentally wired up the positive to the negative leads and attempted to power the unit up with a single 6V lantern battery with it wired up that way (which thankfully there wasn't enough juice in that battery to power the unit up) I have since "rectified" (pun intended) the issue.

Hopefully the vibrator and the filter caps didn't get ruined with my failed attempt at powering up the radio with the miswired battery cables.