View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 06:53 AM
Not sure how I got here.

Our daily drivers are our 91 Accord 408,000 miles, currently waiting for me to do a valve job on because of a chipped valve in #4 cylinder. Happened this Feb. on a trip back from the airport. Great car, 34mpg painted her in 2010.

The 86 Prelude was supposed to be the kid's car, but she decided she didn't want to work, and we decided she didn't need to drive, so the little blue car became our backup. Also around 33mpg. 170,000 miles

The Dodge is an 88, factory High Definition model with the larger breaks all around larger wheels, and some other stuff. I found the build sheet under the seat one year. She has 2WD, the first automatic overdrive for that model, spit injection, variable rear break adjustment with load which works really well. She does just under 20 around town, and 27 on the highway, I keep all our cars to 60 tops to keep the mpg up, and the wear down. She has 118K miles, I got her in 93 I believe, she was owned by an electrician, I think she had just got over 97K miles when I got her. So she has an easy life of trips to the gravel pit 5 miles away once every 3 years, a few trips to Home Depot, etc. While I have owned her she was never out in the snow. While the paint is not looking good, there is no underneath rust. The green car got painted first because its the wife's car, and she complained about the rust and faded paint more than the Dodge does.... This year I had to change the radiator, all the hoses, and drive belts, they were all original up to this year. While I love Honda's I would buy this Dodge again.

By the way, Love the 51 Ford! I had a friend in High School who had a 53, we use to sneak into the drive in with 4 in the trunk....!

A 89 Accord 250K miles and a 89 Prelude 248K miles not in the picture are also in the mix, but they didn't wanna be in the picture....

Captain - I'll check them out! I get some parts by dealers online....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg what-we-drive.jpg (97.9 KB, 41 views)