View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Well sure, but would you want 20 or 30 of them? That's the problem.

And it's not just DTV that caused the issue and changeover either. It's that everything is going to HDMI cables.

My 15 year old son needs a setup with HDMI cables for his PS3. I've had it hooked up to standard sets before using an RF converter and a 3 RCA cable setup, but the problem is that some of the game systems don't automatically go to that input, even if the same port on the game system is used. It has to be plugged in to an HDMI port set, then you enter setup, and change the output configuration on the console for it to work.

Since his game system goes back and forth between his mom's house and here, it's far too much of a PITA to do. And with the games he plays, he really needs the widescreen format.

The Sony DLP set in his bedroom has had a weak light engine for the last year (light green blob on the screen), and now there's something wrong with the HDMI port, so I have to pick up a 32" flat screen for him when I get the spare cash.