View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 10:08 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryford View Post
Last weekend, I went to an estate sale. They had this console with a price tag of $415 on it. This was the second day of a 3 day sale. Usually the last day is 50% off. Still too much. So I asked the lady running the show, what would happen to it if it went unsold. She said, they take bids on items and if unsold by the last hour, it would go to the highest bidder. I wrote down my bid of $50 and left it with her. The next day, I got a call from her saying my bid was accepted. I went back, paid for it and brought it home. It does work, but needs adjustments. The crt has a brightener on it. The cabinet is in beautiful condition.
I had it in the garage and while I was at work, my husband waxed the cabinet and shined it up. When I got home, he told me to bring it inside the house.
Probably one of the last built by Wells-Gardner. Stereo is probably solid-state. Better line VM changer. Penney's quit using the Penncrest name a few years after that set was built. Everything after that was branded JCPenney.