View Single Post
Old 03-28-2022, 08:53 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hey everyone, remember this? I pulled it back out to continue working on it and have replaced a couple more electrolytics that were shorted and had related open resistors.

Only one problem now...when I put it in storage it had a raster, more or less, but only have about 1cm of vertical sweep. The entire vertical circuit is working OK but no sweep. One of the vertical deflection coils measures 34Ω, the other measures 156K. So, it's not exactly open, and I have never had occasion to measure the dc resistance of a yoke before so I'm not sure, but it seems to me that this is likely my problem.

Any opinions on why it failed and if it might be fixable? I'm pretty sure I'll never find a replacement. An additional challenge is that I'll probably also never get it off the crt; the base is already slightly bigger around than the neck of the tube, and the plastic of the yoke has shrunk so that it is very tight on there.

ETA: came across an old Shango video where he repairs a yoke with the same problem and says it's common on the 1077s. It looks like quite a job.

Last edited by AlanInSitges; 03-28-2022 at 09:16 AM.