View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Not sure how I got here.

Hi Paul, I know Honda's hit their peak in quality in the 90's. Toyota did too.
But my point above, was the current rash of recalls after the GM ignition key quagmire that is just coming to light after a 10 year life. Add to that there just seems to be more of these US nameplate recalls lately.... If you really want to know how good a car is today, you really have to look at youtube, and self made websites for people who are really disgusted with their cars, and others who can say the same thing. Although poor driving habits can make all cars look bad... And for this its usually the big ticket items that show up, like the Honda CVT, the Ford/GM 6 speed transaxle, Nissan's CVT, Transmissions, and engines on all pickups, etc.

Now before you get on me for the Honda's, I wouldn't own a new Honda for all the problems I read about in their new Accord with its subframe alighment troubles, or their CVT's. That front end subframe looks like the dumbest thing I've seen anyone come up with..... It's just that for the past few years that blond twit on the ABC world News, daily, has all this hype about how the US is booming making Bunt Pans, and making up for poor wages recycling our old cell phones, making shoe laces here, flags, all those things driving up the GDP by enormous, just enormous amounts. Included is US cars are making a comeback in quality.... But ford is now at the bottom in quality, where it use to be Dodge, and Jeeps. (consumer reports) So, I'm just wondering is it all hype.... Is it Product Endorsement AKA Product Placement, but the tv news version...? Before they make up the news about the cars do they check CR first...? at minimum...?

As for power steering, I don't know if GM, or Dodge made the pumps.... Maybe a better way of saying it is:

"Chrysler had, in my opinion, the best power steering driving experience".

I remember rear bumpers as an option on PU's too..... Big to get a chrome aftermarket bumper in some areas....