View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 01:12 AM
Another CT-100 lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterbeers View Post
was, or is there any type of test jigs that were made that would work with the set?
My Sylvania CK3000 test jig (which also works with the RCA jig adapter cables) was only made to work with CTC-7 and later chassis, but I made a (yoke) adapter cable that works with the CTC-5, CTC-4, and CTC-2/CT-100. If I remember right, I also checked the schematics and it should work with a CTC-2B/21-CT-55 as well. There is one wire that gets either connected or disconnected among those different chassis.

The way the jig works on later chassis is, you plug in a "convergence load" to the chassis, that replaces the now-disconnected convergence control panel. However, on the CTC-5 and older models, only the convergence yoke is disconnected with the cable is unplugged from the chassis; the controls themselves are still attached, so no replacement "load" is needed when using the jig. (So, in this case, the CTC-3 chassis would still need to be connected to the CTC-2B chassis, but not the convergence yoke itself.)

If you do get that jig and you want the adapter information I have, let me know and I can probably copy it and post it here.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."