View Single Post
Old 11-07-2020, 09:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

OK well I think I may have figured out part of the problem, although I'm not sure if this is what's causing the problem or not, but I was looking over the amplifier board carefully observing the parts making sure that each side was a mirror image of each other and I noticed that on the working channel (the right channel) side of the board is missing an electrolytic cap.

There's supposed to be 2 100 MFD 16 V Electrolytics towards the front side of the amplifier board and there's only one on the right channel side and there's 2 on the left channel side, and the missing cap on the right channel side looks like it might of been cut out for some reason because it still has a little bit of the (+) lead sticking out of the board yet while the negative lead is completely gone.

I also noticed a missing resistor in the non-functioning channel (the left channel), and looking at the resistor's color code on the one that is still in the circuit on the working channel it appears to be a 77 Meg resistor (3 Violet stripes), which seems like an awfully specific value of a resistor.

I have a blown up picture of the area in question below with the missing cap
and resistor marked in the picture.

What do you think? Am I onto something?