View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 11:39 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hi All,

Rio and I got to a little work on the Predicta last night. We got the surge suppressors installed, gutted and stuffed one of the electrolytics and replaced a couple of paper caps. I am starting on the chassis side and will then go to the PCB. That will allow me to get familiar with the set and round up all the parts I will need to do the PCB.

The electrolytic was a nasty mess to take apart! It was hilarious seeing Rio's reaction to it. It was loaded with something that looked like a cross between something you find in an infant's diaper and lithium grease. Came apart pretty easily and went back together and looks good. Rio did a great job of peeling the rim back so we could pull the insides out. Of course, we are checking the resistors as we go along. Of the three resistors I have lifted and tested all three are off, 1k = 1.5k, 220k = 700k!, and a 18k = 15.2k. So, looks like ordering a complete resistor set is called for.

Overall, not a bad start. Should get some more time in over the weekend and get another parts order in on Monday. Fun stuff and good times. Thanks for all the help so far!

Jonathan