Thread: Pilot tv crt
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 11:07 AM
VideoKarma Member

Ok I went over everything can't find anything wrong so I think it's just low hv voltage . The screen is dark even on a second crt I have thats good. The b+ voltage is 130vdc with no diodes put on the 25z6 . Every cap was replaced and the only thing I'm coming up with is that on v17 pin 5 should be - 5.3 Vdc but I'm getting -125 Vdc I even tried another tube same thing and I went over the SAMs and the rider schematic to make sure it's wired right and can find nothing wrong there. A 39k to the 1b3 feedback and it's good there is an 82k also good and the 2 caps at the tube as well both good. There is a cap on the hv oscillator that's good. Tried a new 1b3 too. Strange thing is checking voltages around v17 the screen blanks out dark then comes back after removing the test probe. I do know there are 2 positive points and 2 negative points in this set and I went over the power supply and checked all of that and cannot find anything wrong there. If anyone knows where to go with this pilot at this point I'm all eyes because it looks like I am out of options.

Last edited by timmy; 04-28-2016 at 05:14 PM.