View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 02:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

Another "NEW" Museum Knoxville, Tennessee

Well folks,

Last week I finally got my new building permit for a 5000 SF building here in Knoxville, Tennessee. It's unfortunately in the city limits and only took 8 months to get and I'm sure there will be more hurdles to jump through once it is started. (Handicap bathroom and parking space etc etc) As many of you know my main warehouse on the same site was destroyed by fire last April 11, 2015. I lost many vintage computer systems, military radio gear, televisions, radios, studio cameras, radio broadcast gear and much more. Fortunately most of my good stuff was in other buildings although many un-replaceable items were lost. I am building it specifically to be a museum to properly display a 45 year collection.

What may make it a little different from my other friends' museums is my microphone collection, a complete set of RCA studio cameras from their beginning to their end with many other brands such as a DuMont Electronicam with serial number 1 and have the control room stuff from a local TV station. I plan on having working studio cameras as well as a complete vintage radio station setup. (I am still looking for a pair of transcription turntables to replace what was burned up)

I still need help for other artifacts and if anyone is knowledgeable of items that may be available that I can use, I would be most interested in hearing from you. Every broadcast museum that I know of offers mostly unique and different items that are either regional or one of a kind that makes each one very unique and are never boring. I onlly hope that I can fill in there somewhere with special items and be worth driving to. I will overcome the fire and perhaps call my new building "The Phoenix"!!

If anyone wants to contact me, my email address is julianburke51@gmail.com and my cell phone is 865-567-eight nine six zero.

That you all for you previous support!!!

If you google "julian burke fire" you will read all about the fire and see what the current site looks like. Nine fire companies were dispatched to the fire.

Last edited by julianburke; 06-07-2016 at 07:38 PM.