View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 03:32 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
Probably the CS-1500 series, not all were marketed in the west. B&K scopes were "custom" Trio units, with added serviceman's features not available on stock Trio/Kenwood scopes. Your internal circuit boards will have the series in 4-digit fashion - 1510 or 1520 for the 1500 series scopes. The CS-1570 is close, but with the B&K mods.

Kenwood, Hitachi, Kikusui, Sony and Leader all made Oscilloscopes in Japan. Sony even paired up with Tektronix for a run of scopes in the 70s. Now, all the Asian stuff is Chinese (Sino) made, and probably by one or two manufacturers. Tenma, Lodestar, Elenco, all just names badged on Chinese test equipment.
I haven't opened it yet, will have to soon. Pretty cool it has extras over a stock Kenwood though.

I've seen those names on newer scopes and was suspicious of them from the get-go. I'm certainly not a fan of *that* kind of badge-engineering, yikes. That's the kind of over-thought plumbing that will stop itself up. One reason I like the B&K is because of its clean and simple yet well-equipped design.

Last edited by Jon A.; 02-25-2017 at 03:36 PM.